Selfie Stick and Headphone Jack

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Slightly embarrassed to post this but I impulsively bought a selfie stick the other day. It's one of those ones where you plug it into the headphone jack and it's meant to be able to take a picture. Here in lies the problem, the button doesn't seem to work; I've changed the settings so the volume key takes the picture like you meant to, switched the stick to android compatibility and even downloaded camera 360 which is meant to work as well but to no avail. What it does seem to do is change the track on my spotify so it is definitely doing something.

Does anyone know how to work around this?

Thanks!

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
If there is a 360 button on the stick, then that button is meant for iPhones only.

Now, I don't know how to help you with your problem, but you do know that there are selfie-sticks with bluetooth supported remotes, don't you?

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
The stick has instructions to work with android, and a little switch at the bottom to flick between android and iphones so I think it's something specifically to do with it being HTC. Annoyingly even when I follow them it just doesn't seem to work.

valerie torres

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Okay so I just got my selfie stick and was super bummed because it didn't work on my HTC m8, 360 app didn't work, changing settings and so on. But this one app did work!!! Download selfie shop camera in the app store. Go to settings and do a test selfie , it will give you a code. Once you get the code, you put it in the correct spot and it should work. It worked for me!!!

Tony1120

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
For my personal Samsung Note 3, all I had to do was change the volume key from zoom to shutter in the camera app settings.
I did download the selfie camera but could not find where to enter code 24 that displayed when I setup the app.
I hope this helps.

Tony

james sigmon

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I have a Note 5 and have a selfie stick with audio cable use to work on the S4 but now the settings on the new phone can't find the setting to work .

Neha Bandi

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this suggestion. It worked for my Micromax Nitro A310 as well. Whereas Camera360 app was not working.
One query, does this setting made in SelfieShop Camera applies to other camera apps also. I mean, is there a way, to still be able to use Camera360 or any other app, once I have set Volume Button to capture, and done Monopod settings to test the Monopod Stick button via this app?

SeattleGal

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I found the selfie stick I purchased finally worked on my Samsung Galaxy 5 after I did two simple (duh) things.

1. Removed my protective cover so the selfie wire fully clicked into the headphone jack. (found out the headphone icon appeared / disappeared when I jiggled the jack). The wire should firmly click and not pull out easily. If it is still loose, take a toothpick and remove any lint/ dirt from the jack.

2. Found Volume Key setting in Camera settings only after turning the screen horizontal and scrolling down. You may not have to do this if you do #1. For some reason the Volume Key and other settings are not visible when the screen is vertical and only until you turn your screen horizontal.

Wha La! Hope this helps.

Mannie Bothans

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
One person said "Once you get the code, you put it in the correct spot and it should work." I have a Pixel that no matter what I do, the button on the selfie stick just brings up google assistant. I downloaded the app, but I do not know exactly what you mean by "put it in the correct spot."

speckledwolf

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
As previously stated make sure the volume key is set to 'take pictures' in camera settings. Now look at the handle of the selfie stick. There is a rubber grip with a raised button on it (manual version). If you do not feel a definite "click" when the button is depressed the grip may have shifted away from the actual button. Feel around and see if you can find another "bump" under the grip and press it. If it clicks and takes a picture just rotate the rubber grip until the molded button and the actual button are in the same place.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana