WiFi sleep

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have an unrooted m8 and my WiFi is continuously on when it is sleeping...I have played with most of the recommended settings to try and get it to turn off when the phone is asleep but android battery power section shows that WiFi never switches off... Wish I could identify which app is stopping the WiFi from sleeping.. gsam isn't much help on that front either...maybe suffering knows a way? I have gone through all settings on account and sync and fiddled with WiFi settings.. Facebook and Google search / now both uninstalled...

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Your wifi "scanning always available" option is probably on. This feature uses nearby wireless networks to improve location services, but it does impact battery life by having the wifi radio on all the time. To turn it off, go to Settings > Wi-Fi > click on the dot menu in the top right > Advanced > then uncheck Scanning Always Available.

Sometimes an app that can use this feature is updated and turns it back on. I have to turn it off manually once a month or so.