M8 Battery and Settings issue after Marshmallow upgrade

Hardcase19

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I am having an issue ever since upgrading my Verizon HTC One M8 to Marshmallow.
The phone will shutdown at around 20% battery remaining. It will not power back on.
Once I plug the charger in, as I did this morning, it shows 20% battery life and will now power back on.
This also leads to my notification settings and some app settings to be reset.
This is driving me nuts. I have tried clearing the cache multiple times and also attempted a battery reset, although not sure it worked, by holding down the power button and volume down I believe.
Is anyone else having these issues? Has anyone fixed it?
My last resort is going to be a factory reset but I really want to avoid this if possible.
thanks for reading..

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Mine does tthis as well. I'm told it's the battery software that tells the phone how much juice is left. There is a reset and I've done it but it doesn't work and I'm afraid that after 25 months my battery is on its way out.

Hardcase19

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Is the battery reset you tried the one where you hold the power button and the down volume for 2 minutes?
I found and tried that one also, did nothing to help.
Also found a couple of people on other forums that are experiencing the exact same problem.
Never had the batter issues on KitKat but started immediately after upgrading to MM.

Bleys1704

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue. While the battery dying at 20% is annoying the changing settings when I turn the phone back on is worse. It is driving me insane!
Dors anyone know why these settings are changing?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Lithium batteries don't last long if you deep discharge them. Anything under 40% is playing with fire. Constantly draining the battery to 20% will give you about 50% battery lifetime - or less.