Is there bugs with the M9 and Lollipop?

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I currently have the galaxy s6 on verizon and it's buggy as hell! I edged up from the s5 to the S6 because of the bugs with the lollipop ota update on my S5 but I now have more bugs with the s6! Bluetooth issues every freaking day and battery drain problems too. I took back the initial s6 within the 14 day grace period but the new one hasn't been any better. I've been trying to be patient and wait for lollipop 5.1 but I almost can't take it anymore. I'm seriously considering jumping to the HTC One M9 I'm just worried that the lollipop bugs might be on that device too.

Any thoughts, advice and feedback is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
HTC had a 25% off sale the other day, and TMO released 5.1 on Monday. So i decided to buy one and im 48 hrs into it and i am having no issues.
If you have a specific bug let me know.

accursedvenom

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for a few months with no problems. Got 5.1 a few days ago with no problems. The only thing I had concern over was getting into recovery mode. I would go through the process and finally get to a screen with an image of a phone with a red triangle and exclamation point.

Tried again last night, got to that screen and held volume up and power and recovery mode appeared. Phone works great and I think battery is better.....unless you're playing games alot.

Posted via the Android Central App

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The M9 is the smoothest stock running phone I have ever had. Sense just keeps getting better and better. The only bug I have that I'm currently aware of is the inability to pull down the notifications panel during a call bug. A minor inconvenience at worst, that hopefully will get fixed in a future update. I have been having an issue with my wfi occasionally forgetting my passwords or just not auto connecting as it should, but I haven't deemed that a Lollipop or Sense bug yet, as for the moment it seems to have resolved itself.

Robitaille20

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Agreed! Just got my M9 a few days ago and it was working, even after the 5.1 update. Did a factory reset today (wanted to set the phone up myself rather than what the AT&T store representative did) and now I can't get tap to wake to work. Funny thing is that from the lock screen, tap to sleep still works. :-\

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought a used HTC One M9 on Swappa, currently have a Verizon Galaxy S6. I love this phone but the battery life and the times the phone becomes unusable due to lag/multitasking issues is driving me nuts. I loved the M8 back in the day but hated that camera. I love the GS6 camera, and I know the M9 camera isn't as good, but has anyone on this thread owned both phones and used cameras extensively? is the M9 that bad (according to some reviews online)? I get my M9 mid-week, but am curious what anyone thinks.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I bought a used HTC One M9 on Swappa, currently have a Verizon Galaxy S6. I love this phone but the battery life and the times the phone becomes unusable due to lag/multitasking issues is driving me nuts. I loved the M8 back in the day but hated that camera. I love the GS6 camera, and I know the M9 camera isn't as good, but has anyone on this thread owned both phones and used cameras extensively? is the M9 that bad (according to some reviews online)? I get my M9 mid-week, but am curious what anyone thinks.
Search and ye shall find. Tons posted on the camera already.

Via my HTC One M9...

Headgas86

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had the ATT M9 since a week after it came out. It is a great phone. Multitasking works great, I have no lag ever. When playing games I have no problem as well. Everything about this phone is great except the batter isn't the best but I bought the Mugen charging case and no problem anymore! Now I'll leave with a full batter and come home with a full battery. The knock on gave me a little trouble for a little but it fixed itself. I never do the knock off I always just press the power button but when I knock it doesn't shut off. But I don't care about that. It does everything I want and never slows down, no matter how many apps I have open. I'm pretty good about closing apps when I'm down and using my cleaner. But there have been times when ivr opened up my multi tasking window and it was full of open apps that I forgot to close and it didn't affect my phone at all. As far as the camera,I'm not much of a picture taker but I went of the Oregon coast and it took beautiful pictures! But taking pictures normally it isn't as great. Maybe it's the light? Still, good enough for me. I'm no photographer.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

taronba25

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since it came out and it hasn't had any bugs and is never 'buggy. Updates'are frequent and usually fixes all kinds of problems.

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Agreed! Just got my M9 a few days ago and it was working, even after the 5.1 update. Did a factory reset today (wanted to set the phone up myself rather than what the AT&T store representative did) and now I can't get tap to wake to work. Funny thing is that from the lock screen, tap to sleep still works. :-\

I think this is a known bug

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89