HTC One Rooting

Scootmct

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested in potentially rooting my phone and I'd like to know some thing before I get serious about it.

What are the chances of bricking my phone?
Is the process fairly straight forward or is it difficult?
Is rooting actually necessary, or is it more trouble than its worth.

Also I'm skeptical of voiding the warranty. By the way I have a rogers HTC One.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in potentially rooting my phone and I'd like to know some thing before I get serious about it.

What are the chances of bricking my phone?
Is the process fairly straight forward or is it difficult?
Is rooting actually necessary, or is it more trouble than its worth.

Also I'm skeptical of voiding the warranty. By the way I have a rogers HTC One.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Bricking during the initial rooting process is very low. I would read, read, and read again all the steps involved in the process. Understanding what you are doing will make it impossible to have an issue with anything.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
As he said above. ^

If you follow the guide to the word, there's a very, very low chance that something may go wrong, however I do not think there's a chance of bricking your device unless the device and computer are in a communication process and you mistakenly unplug the USB cable or something.

This guide should get you started: [GUIDE] Complete Flashing Guide | Rooting | Going Back To Stock | 05.05.2013 - xda-developers

Reasons for rooting vary, but most people do it in order to get superuser access for certain applications to work, like TitaniumBackup, Greenify and also to be able to get root access using File Explorers to modify system files and the like. Just have a read and see if it's worth it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You have a 50/50 chance of bricking. Follow the guides and study up before attempting to root. I would also look through the thread and see what common problems people run into and understand what they did to fix it.

Good luck, let us know how things go if you decide to root.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress