So I deleted the Operating System of my AT&T HTC One

Chris Cano

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, in what I'd call the stupidest thing I've ever done as a non tech-savy person, I decided to unlock the bootloader and root the device today to put the Google Edition ROM on my AT&T HTC One. I did the ladder to some success following a youtube walkthrough, and when I thought it was smart to remove the system files on the SD (or built-in) storage for a clean install, only to have removed root access, the files, and the whole OS in general. -___-
I used the Clockwork Mod, which I thought gave me the ability of mounting over USB like it says, but never mounts the file storage for me so I can't put anything on it. Warranty will probably not cover this so please, if anyone can help me out here, that'd be awesome.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, in what I'd call the stupidest thing I've ever done as a non tech-savy person, I decided to unlock the bootloader and root the device today to put the Google Edition ROM on my AT&T HTC One. I did the ladder to some success following a youtube walkthrough, and when I thought it was smart to remove the system files on the SD (or built-in) storage for a clean install, only to have removed root access, the files, and the whole OS in general. -___-
I used the Clockwork Mod, which I thought gave me the ability of mounting over USB like it says, but never mounts the file storage for me so I can't put anything on it. Warranty will probably not cover this so please, if anyone can help me out here, that'd be awesome.

Welcome to the forums, although I wish it were under better circumstances.
I can only point you in a better direction, as I do not own an HTC and have no idea what to suggest.
[Q] I just got a new phone and accidentally wiped system data!! - xda-developers
[Q] Deleted System from HTC One - Stuck in TWRP - xda-developers

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
That sucks. So you can't mount it? Do you have drivers installed? do you have access to the bootloader?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Should have installed a custom recovery immediately after rooting. But we all make mistakes, no idea how to fix the issue though terribly sorry.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
You could use something like AirDroid to transfer a ROM over to the device then reboot and install. I had the same problem, no USB-connection, when I use the stock ROM so I've done it that way. Takes a while to transfer but it works. Or you could install a FTP-server and just connect that way.

Edit: Unless you don't have a ROM on it at all that is. ;)

Sanjay Singh7

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Got same issue but i dont have access to Bootloader, can some one help me here plz, the HTC One phone is getting stuck on HTC One logo when re-started and when i connect to PC, i cant find any android drivers on it, meanwhile this error pops up saying "Unfortunately, process com.android.phone stopped" and "htc dailer has stopped", could any one help me how can i reload all the android drivers to phone and get access to the Bootloader.

Thanks

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Got same issue but i dont have access to Bootloader, can some one help me here plz, the HTC One phone is getting stuck on HTC One logo when re-started and when i connect to PC, i cant find any android drivers on it, meanwhile this error pops up saying "Unfortunately, process com.android.phone stopped" and "htc dailer has stopped", could any one help me how can i reload all the android drivers to phone and get access to the Bootloader.

Thanks

Why dont you have access to the bootloader?. Power the phone off, hold down the vol. down and power button dont let up and it will boot to the bootloader. And second you dont install the drivers to the phone, the drivers are installed on the PC

cointelpro

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, You can always do a ''Factory Reset'' (which restores all original files) Go to your ''SECURTIY'' in settings. You can transfer all your data first to a USB KEY or COMPUTER (around 6G)... I did the same thing with my HTC One s phone. This prevented me from logging onto the internet via Wi-Fi.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, You can always do a ''Factory Reset'' (which restores all original files) Go to your ''SECURTIY'' in settings. You can transfer all your data first to a USB KEY or COMPUTER (around 6G)... I did the same thing with my HTC One s phone. This prevented me from logging onto the internet via Wi-Fi.

This post is from 2013, The problem is he wipe the system off the phone so there isn't any OS to boot into.