Gapps - what am I doing wrong

AdeezyWeezy

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, I installed Cyanogenmod 10.2 with the auto installer.
It had a few hiccups but I managed to fix them, by wiping and then rebooting.
Although I can't get any Gapps to work, I am on the 4.3.1 rom from Cyanogen.
All I get is installing and then installation aborted. No real errors. What is it doing, and how can I fix it.
Ive tried many Gapps but all have the same error.
I'm a newbie, hence the installer.

TJGEsq

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I too have an HTC One, and installed CM 10.2 a few days ago. What an upgrade! It makes a person wonder what the hell HTC was thinking with Sense.

In any event, I can't figure out the point of installing Gapp. If I understand what it is, it's a bunch of Google apps. Is that right? But all of the useful Google apps are available in the Play Store. Am I missing something?

Sorry to threadjack, but I'm interested in this topic as well.

TJGEsq

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I see. CM must have modified their policy. The Play Store app was pre-installed for me. After installing CM 10.2, I opened the Play Store and downloaded other Google apps, such as Maps and YouTube. I never had to bother with Gapps.

Of course, that begs the question of why AdeezyWeezy needs Gapps.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
AdeezyWeezy

"Firstly, I installed Cyanogenmod 10.2 with the auto installer.
It had a few hiccups but I managed to fix them, by wiping and then rebooting.
Although I can't get any Gapps to work, I am on the 4.3.1 rom from Cyanogen.
All I get is installing and then installation aborted. No real errors. What is it doing, and how can I fix it.
Ive tried many Gapps but all have the same error.
I'm a newbie, hence the installer."

What package are you using? I searched a little and found this link for the CM 10.2 gapps package. Listed in the top box -http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
tjgartner:
The point of installing a gapps package is that all the google apps are installed in one download, you don't have to install each one separately . If there is some apps in the package you don't want you can then delete or freeze them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa