Please help! Can't root my HTC One V!

LunchBokks

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to do this for going on 3 days. I finally got the bootloader unlocked yesterday, but I am now having issues rooting the phone. I have run the install-superboot-windows.bat file multiple times, with the modded boot.superboot.img as well. But everytime I check to see if this process roots the phone, my root check app says it's not rooted. I have tried following the instructions of several websites, but to no avail. Is there any other way to root this device, because the superboot method is not working. The websites I used are down below. Thank you in advance for the help.

Websites:
How To Root HTC One V (Guide)
How to Root HTC One V - TheUnlockr

jc411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
1) i was having the same issue, until i installed the android adb drivers onto my computers C:/ partition. follow directions on this website: How To: Install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer for use with your Android phone | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTech

2) then after you've done that. make sure you have the One V usb drivers installed on your computer & your phones unlocked.

3) next go download the SuperSu zip from the xda website & put it on your phones sd card: [01.02.2013] SuperSU v1.04 - xda-developers

4) then boot your phone into HBOOT & select fastboot. after your phones connected to the computer it should say fastboot USB on your phone.

5) then you'll need to run a command prompt & put a recovery on your phone. i used this one: [VM/PRIMOC][RECOVERY] TWRP2 Recovery 7-10-2012 - xda-developers

6) after you get a recovery installed on your phone, boot into your recovery & flash the SuperSu zip you put on the sd card. & finally you'll be rooted.

((note: these are the steps i took to root. don't know if it will work for everybody))​

LunchBokks

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I actually figured it out, but I did everything you just said to do, ironically. But now I have run into another issue when trying to flash my Cyanogenmod 10 zip file. It fails inside of TWRP. Would you know how to fix this issue?