Custom Notification Sounds on HTC One X

m13kyf

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
after some testing got this to work

You copy the sounds to the Notifications folder via the usb lead.

Once you have done that take the phone out of disk drive mode. Then pull down the settings, go to personalize, click on the sound at the bottom. If already on sound go to picture then back to sound so it refreshes. Then when setting email or sms, customs sounds will appear. Also appear from each app settings.

I have found that when in disk drive mode when the usb cable is connected that the sounds default again but soon as it is taken back out of this mode your custom sounds revert back.

Custom ringtones can be done from any mp3 on the phone via the player.

Hope this helps. Sure this would work on the other HTC One series but I havent tested it.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainOne

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
If you get a decent file manager from the market, you can dispense with the cables and just load your ring tones and notification tones over wifi.

I never cable my Android phones.

Use file manager hd, or ES File Explorer.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

m13kyf

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt get Astro to see the correct Area.

It was geting them to be seen by going into the Personalize area was the breakthrough. Otherwise they just dont appear in the apps settings notifiaction sound

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can't you just send notifications,alerts, and ringtones to the device via Zedge or any other ringtone delivery source?

m13kyf

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt get Astro to see the correct Area.

It was geting them to be seen by going into the Personalize area was the breakthrough. Otherwise they just dont appear in the apps settings notifiaction sound

couldnt get it to work with astro either. Just use a usb cable & it works fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87