does the HTC One X play nice with a Mac?

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I am seriously looking into getting this phone in the next couple of weeks, hopefully by the end of June as Rogers as a nice promotion going on. However, my question for those of you that have a Mac computer, how well does it sync to a Mac and itunes? I do have a PC at work which would be an alternative but I would rather do my syncing at home.

I'm not interested in the Samsung S3. It's either the HTC One X or back to an IP4s. Thanks for your help.

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have an iMac and I use AirSync with DoubleTwist to sync my music. I think it's about 5 dollars on the Android store but it's well worth it since it lets you sync wirelessly. Or you can just download DoubleTwist on your mac and use that to sync via USB.

Curious... why don't you want the S3?

Reactions: blackhawksfan75

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Curious... why don't you want the S3?

I like to be different. I know too many people that have the GS2 as well as the iPhone 4(s). Which is why I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 at the moment.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It's android, which means it syncs with Google. There's no particular issue with a Mac, syncing all happens over the internet. As for music, any of the traditional methods work :

Drag and drop, double twist, isyncr, etc

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

mikeenu

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I had a hard time only because I was using iCloud of contacts and calendar. I've since then starting using Google Calendar as my main cal and exported my contacts to a file... deleted my address book contacts on my mac and synced it to google contacts and replace google contacts with my latest exported file.

I'm thinking google is the way to go and in the event I choose to head back to iOS, I can just still use google sync for everything.

So far so good. And I also am choosing to not get the S3 because I don't like it's interface =/ nor the look of the phone itself.