Activating a One X bought on eBay

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I bought a One X on eBay and it should get here by Monday. I know I will need to pick up a micro SIM card from a local AT&T store, but do I need to have them activate it or can I do it on att.com?

Also, I pay like $6/month for insurance on my Skyrocket, can that just be transferred to the One X or do I need to go with a 3rd party insurance company like Square Trade and cancel my current insurance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
All Android phones can be activated by the owner. However if you take it to AT&T they will usually want to record the IMEI number on your account, which is supposedly for your protection if the phone is lost or stolen (but in truth they never check that yet).

You technically never have to let them see the phone. But the sim will be provisioned differently if it is an AT&T model or An International model, so its best to bring it with you. If it is an international model (Tegra 3) make sure they understand that it is NOT and LTE phone, because half the counter clerks are clueless about there being two different models. Step outside their store and test it to make sure it works before driving home.

Oh, and avoid Kiosks in malls, and take it to a REAL AT&T store.

Its just as simple as poping in the sim and selecting language, logging in with your gmail account and you are good to go.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I went to a small kiosk in my local mall and had my sim cut down to micro. It works great. Not using LTE yet. I will have to pick a new sim up to enable it. Just trying my new one x out first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87