One X - a couple of Video issues - Help anyone?

jeffeboi

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I've had my One X since April and all in all it's a pretty awesome phone. I have had a couple of issues with watching videos, they're nothing major, but can be pretty annoying.

1 - Videos in a given folder aren't sorted in any a useful order and I'm not sure how to change them.

Example: In my Falling Skies Season 1 folder the files are title as follows - Falling Skies S01E01, Falling Skies S01E02 etc... however, the files aren't in that order when I open the folder through the stock media player it goes Episode 8, 7, 2, 1, 3... Any idea why this is and how I can fix it?

2 - When i get a notification when watching a video the sound cuts out but the video continues, which is annoying as I often need to go back on the video to hear what happened. Is there any way to stop the video as well as the audio when a notification kicks in?

Any help with these would be appreciated.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
What is the "Stock Media Player" app that you are using? I have nothing by that name, although mine is an international version, not an AT&T version so the software may differ.

Gallery doesn't even show names, so I suspect that's not what you are using.

When you start a movie, you might want to go to
Settings
Sound
Sound Profile, and select either vibrate or silent.
That kills off notification sounds, but Media continues to play.

It would be nice to have these settings available from within the Media Player.

jeffeboi

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey icebike. The stock media player is the standard video player that cane with the phone. I have the international version too, I'm in Australia.

If you long press on the gallery pic of the file, it gives you the file details. If it had the names it would be so much easier.,

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey icebike. The stock media player is the standard video player that cane with the phone. I have the international version too, I'm in Australia.

If you long press on the gallery pic of the file, it gives you the file details. If it had the names it would be so much easier.,

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Ok, I see. I was wondering where you could see that they were out if order.

Why not launch playback from a file manager like ES File Explorer, or from a video player from the market?

Sent from my HOX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress