AT&T HOX Update!!

jnannuri

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My HOX received a software update today. I think it is updated to Android 4.0.4. Installation took about 10 minutes to complete. Please share if any one got this update and any changes, bugs... :):)

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm checking for an update but mine keeps saying the server is unavailable, any idea of what it fixes?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I, too, only get "Server Unavailable". Anyone else try and get different results? I know I have network access, as I can still view things online on my phone.

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I too am getting an update - it is 270.11MB total!

will post version info here later when it is installed.

Edit: versions are same as what the OP displayed in those screenshots.

Last edited:

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just checked again, and it's now attempting a download. It's not letting me, mind you, because I'm not allowed to connect a phone to my computer here at work, and there's no wifi access here. Apparently, I'm suppose to have one or the other. Now I'm all excited and more anxious to go home. Lol.

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Started to download . After about 50mb , said file was corrupted. Now upgrade function doesn't seem to work. I've already rebooted twice now. Still no luck..

Anyone have any suggestions..

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
alright, downloaded. first thing i noticed was the phone synced to my hotmail account immediately, and gave me all my messages. i just sent a test message from my google account to my hotmail account, and the phone almost immediately notified me of the email. Seems like the email problem is fixed, and that right there, is enough for me. Now time to check and see what else is new and different....exciting! Especially if your primary email account is a hotmail account!

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 4.0.4 now. I'm not sure what all to expect from Sense with this, but I can't expect too much considering it's still Sense 4.0.

Edit: I did just notice that the HTC SDK API level went from 4.11 to 4.23

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
One more thing I noticed in this update : "Recent apps button" is configurable with 3 options:

1. Always open recent apps
2. Press for menu, press and hold for recent apps
3. Press for recent apps, press and hold for menu

Yeah!!! This solves one of the biggest complaint regarding this phone for me.

Thanks,
Osho

Archon810

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
One more thing I noticed in this update : "Recent apps button" is configurable with 3 options:

1. Always open recent apps
2. Press for menu, press and hold for recent apps
3. Press for recent apps, press and hold for menu

Yeah!!! This solves one of the biggest complaint regarding this phone for me.

Thanks,
Osho

Can you screenshot this menu please?

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Can you screenshot this menu please?

It is under Settings -> Display, gestures & buttons -> Buttons -> Recent apps button.

Here are the screenshots:
c066d1fd-f85e-5de3.jpg
c066d1fd-f868-ceee.jpg

Osho

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Got my update, the transitions seem to be much smoother! Love that i can now change the recent app button now, that is a win for me! How is everyone else doing with the new software version?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty