T-Mobile WiFI Calling Issue

supaeuro

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So I received my U11 from HTC last week and had no issues firing it up on T-Mobile. Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE worked fine. 2 days in I'd get home and have an error "Wi-Fi Calling Error, Unable to Connect". I'd toggle wifi off then on and it worked.
Now in my second week I'm getting the same error and toggling on/off isn't working anymore??

I've updated my e911 setting, restarted the phone, toggled wifi calling/wifi and still nothing??

Any advice?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does it only happen in your home network? Have you tried on a different one? It might be a setting on your router or, if you're on work WiFi, for instance, your company blocking WiFi-calling traffic (for some reason most business networks block that by default).

supaeuro

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It is my home network with nothing out of the normal for settings.
Called up T-Mobile, they "reset" my line and told me to restart the phone and all is good now. They couldn't tell me what the cause was, just that sometimes lines need to be refreshed??

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it does happen. If it failed on every network, then it's a problem with T-Mobile. But if it fails only on certain networks, then that usually points to a problem with the network you're trying to connect it to. Glad you got it fixed, though.