Warranty Repair is abysmal

curseoftheninja

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The home button/fingerprint scanner stopped working on my phone. They said I needed to send it in for a repair.

It's 28 days later and they told me the parts are still on "backorder."

This is my first, and last, HTC purchase. It sucks because the U11 is such a good phone.

Anyone else have issues with warranty repair? Any ways to speed up the process? I've been tweeting at them and contacting support, but they don't seem to care at all.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This is why I always go with Amazon instead. Their return process is superior to HTC's customer service, which I agree is just unacceptable and its been that way for a while. Hope they get your device fixed and back to you soon. Don't give up. Rooting for ya.

supaeuro

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
At least you were told your parts are on backorder. They cant tell me what's going on with my screen. They have had my phone for 53 days.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I would call the credit card company to see if you could do a charge back at this point. I don't think I'd have given them more than 2 weeks to fix it.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's still "in repair." There has to be some way to expedite the process. Does anyone know how to file claims with the BBB?

Go to the link below and click the grey "SUBMIT A COMPLAINT" button on the right side of the screen. I had to file a BBB complaint after returning the U11 last July. HTC was delaying my refund (this also seems to be a common tactic with them, take a look at the thread about the U11 returns on this forum) and giving me the royal runaround. The complaint lit a fire under them and I had my refund in just about a week after HTC received the complaint. HTC's customer service may as well be nonexistent. As good as their devices are, I will never consider purchasing anything from HTC again. It's just not worth the headache.

https://www.bbb.org/northwest/busin...omplaints?section=reviews&reviewtype=negative

curseoftheninja

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the link! I just contacted support, and they gave me the same run-around. I just filed my complaint. Let's see if that does something

curseoftheninja

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Update on my case:

HTC called me today. They said that since it is taking so long, they are giving me a promo code that gives me a free U11. Instead of repairing my original, they are letting me get a new phone.

They received my phone on 11/7/17. It took them 50 days to say "so yeah, we will get you a new phone."

I filed a claim with the BBB. I don't know if that sped the process up or not, but 50 days later it is finally handled.

I ordered it today, so I will let you know when I get it.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Thats just insane. At least they did offer you a free device. But that entire process is just a nightmare and how they think this is ok is beyond me. I hope you dont stop buying their devices because of this experience, but I certainly wouldnt blame you.

mrluky60

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had HTC phones in the past and liked them, but after reading g these comments I will not be buying HTC again, see ya.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Update on my case:

HTC called me today. They said that since it is taking so long, they are giving me a promo code that gives me a free U11. Instead of repairing my original, they are letting me get a new phone.

They received my phone on 11/7/17. It took them 50 days to say "so yeah, we will get you a new phone."

I filed a claim with the BBB. I don't know if that sped the process up or not, but 50 days later it is finally handled.

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved in your favor! I'm absolutely positive that the BBB complaint got the wheels turning for you. Had you not filed it, HTC would be stringing you along for an undetermined period of time.

On a separate note, isn't it sad that customers have to resort to this in order to get a vendor to do the right thing? Although my issue with HTC didn't involve warranty repair, it was the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced. Such a shame that a company that was once the top OEM has completely lost their way. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

curseoftheninja

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, it is sad that I have to constantly pester them to set this right. This is HTC, not some mom and pop operation. I was shocked at how poorly I was treated from a business of their size. Every other big tech company I've dealt with resolved the issue within a week. HTC makes me pay for shipping and doesn't do anything for 50 days.

I also wonder if the "delay" has anything to do with the Google acquisition. I really wish Android Central would look into all of these problems to see what the real issue is. I find it hard to believe that a big company like HTC can't get "back-ordered" parts in a timely manner.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it is sad that I have to constantly pester them to set this right. This is HTC, not some mom and pop operation. I was shocked at how poorly I was treated from a business of their size. Every other big tech company I've dealt with resolved the issue within a week. HTC makes me pay for shipping and doesn't do anything for 50 days.

I also wonder if the "delay" has anything to do with the Google acquisition. I really wish Android Central would look into all of these problems to see what the real issue is. I find it hard to believe that a big company like HTC can't get "back-ordered" parts in a timely manner.

I seriously doubt its had anything to do with the acquisition. People have been having this complaint long before that even happened.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Update on my case:

Yay!

supaeuro

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got the same voicemail about a coupon for a free U11 but they didn't leave a call back number. Do you have a phone number? Called customer service and they don't show notes and said to try again Tuesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez