01-06-2018 06:57 AM
26 12
tools
    The home button/fingerprint scanner stopped working on my phone. They said I needed to send it in for a repair.

It's 28 days later and they told me the parts are still on "backorder."

This is my first, and last, HTC purchase. It sucks because the U11 is such a good phone.

Anyone else have issues with warranty repair? Any ways to speed up the process? I've been tweeting at them and contacting support, but they don't seem to care at all.
    11-27-2017 10:08 AM
    This is why I always go with Amazon instead. Their return process is superior to HTC's customer service, which I agree is just unacceptable and its been that way for a while. Hope they get your device fixed and back to you soon. Don't give up. Rooting for ya.
    12-06-2017 07:55 AM
    At least you were told your parts are on backorder. They cant tell me what's going on with my screen. They have had my phone for 53 days.
    12-06-2017 02:37 PM
    Honestly I would call the credit card company to see if you could do a charge back at this point. I don't think I'd have given them more than 2 weeks to fix it.
    12-06-2017 06:37 PM
    Yeah it's still "in repair." There has to be some way to expedite the process. Does anyone know how to file claims with the BBB?
    12-06-2017 09:13 PM
    Yeah it's still "in repair." There has to be some way to expedite the process. Does anyone know how to file claims with the BBB?
    Go to the link below and click the grey "SUBMIT A COMPLAINT" button on the right side of the screen. I had to file a BBB complaint after returning the U11 last July. HTC was delaying my refund (this also seems to be a common tactic with them, take a look at the thread about the U11 returns on this forum) and giving me the royal runaround. The complaint lit a fire under them and I had my refund in just about a week after HTC received the complaint. HTC's customer service may as well be nonexistent. As good as their devices are, I will never consider purchasing anything from HTC again. It's just not worth the headache.

https://www.bbb.org/northwest/busine...wtype=negative
    12-07-2017 09:26 AM
    Thank you for the link! I just contacted support, and they gave me the same run-around. I just filed my complaint. Let's see if that does something
    12-08-2017 01:37 PM
    Update on my case:

HTC called me today. They said that since it is taking so long, they are giving me a promo code that gives me a free U11. Instead of repairing my original, they are letting me get a new phone.

They received my phone on 11/7/17. It took them 50 days to say "so yeah, we will get you a new phone."

I filed a claim with the BBB. I don't know if that sped the process up or not, but 50 days later it is finally handled.

I ordered it today, so I will let you know when I get it.
    Morty2264, Aquila and coronaboy10 like this.
    12-27-2017 08:19 PM
    Wow. Thats just insane. At least they did offer you a free device. But that entire process is just a nightmare and how they think this is ok is beyond me. I hope you dont stop buying their devices because of this experience, but I certainly wouldnt blame you.
    curseoftheninja likes this.
    12-28-2017 09:18 AM
    Unfortunately, I'm never buying HTC again. The way they treated me was unacceptable. I had to hound them almost daily for this to happen.
    12-28-2017 10:06 AM
    I have had HTC phones in the past and liked them, but after reading g these comments I will not be buying HTC again, see ya.
    12-28-2017 10:43 AM
    Update on my case:

HTC called me today. They said that since it is taking so long, they are giving me a promo code that gives me a free U11. Instead of repairing my original, they are letting me get a new phone.

They received my phone on 11/7/17. It took them 50 days to say "so yeah, we will get you a new phone."

I filed a claim with the BBB. I don't know if that sped the process up or not, but 50 days later it is finally handled.

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved in your favor! I'm absolutely positive that the BBB complaint got the wheels turning for you. Had you not filed it, HTC would be stringing you along for an undetermined period of time.

On a separate note, isn't it sad that customers have to resort to this in order to get a vendor to do the right thing? Although my issue with HTC didn't involve warranty repair, it was the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced. Such a shame that a company that was once the top OEM has completely lost their way. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
    12-28-2017 10:57 AM
    Yeah, it is sad that I have to constantly pester them to set this right. This is HTC, not some mom and pop operation. I was shocked at how poorly I was treated from a business of their size. Every other big tech company I've dealt with resolved the issue within a week. HTC makes me pay for shipping and doesn't do anything for 50 days.

I also wonder if the "delay" has anything to do with the Google acquisition. I really wish Android Central would look into all of these problems to see what the real issue is. I find it hard to believe that a big company like HTC can't get "back-ordered" parts in a timely manner.
    12-29-2017 09:43 AM
    Yeah, it is sad that I have to constantly pester them to set this right. This is HTC, not some mom and pop operation. I was shocked at how poorly I was treated from a business of their size. Every other big tech company I've dealt with resolved the issue within a week. HTC makes me pay for shipping and doesn't do anything for 50 days.

I also wonder if the "delay" has anything to do with the Google acquisition. I really wish Android Central would look into all of these problems to see what the real issue is. I find it hard to believe that a big company like HTC can't get "back-ordered" parts in a timely manner.
    I seriously doubt its had anything to do with the acquisition. People have been having this complaint long before that even happened.
    12-29-2017 11:04 AM
    I'm so sorry this happened to you, OP.
    12-29-2017 11:05 AM
    Well my Amazing Silver device arrived today. Here's hoping that this one doesn't mess up either.
    jwbekens, Morty2264 and Aquila like this.
    12-29-2017 02:22 PM
    Well my Amazing Silver device arrived today. Here's hoping that this one doesn't mess up either.
    Keep us posted!
    Aquila and curseoftheninja like this.
    12-29-2017 02:33 PM
    Update on my case:

Yay!
    12-29-2017 02:37 PM
    I just got the same voicemail about a coupon for a free U11 but they didn't leave a call back number. Do you have a phone number? Called customer service and they don't show notes and said to try again Tuesday.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-29-2017 09:44 PM
    I sent you a PM with with number. Good luck!
    01-01-2018 11:02 AM
    I just got the same voicemail about a coupon for a free U11 but they didn't leave a call back number. Do you have a phone number? Called customer service and they don't show notes and said to try again Tuesday.
    Keep us updated on what happens!
    01-01-2018 01:04 PM
    Hey guys all is good, thanks for the number ninja. Phone ordered with $0 charge!
    Morty2264 and curseoftheninja like this.
    01-02-2018 10:10 PM
    Hey guys all is good, thanks for the number ninja. Phone ordered with $0 charge!
    That's awesome! Good for you!!
    01-03-2018 07:55 AM
    I'm so glad it went through! It was definitely the BBB complaint. The BBB contacted me with a response from HTC saying they resolved it. I closed the case by accepting this reply.

Still, it's ridiculous that we had to do that. But I'm glad that HTC finally did the right thing for the both of us!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-03-2018 11:56 AM
    I'm so glad it went through! It was definitely the BBB complaint. The BBB contacted me with a response from HTC saying they resolved it. I closed the case by accepting this reply.

Still, it's ridiculous that we had to do that. But I'm glad that HTC finally did the right thing for the both of us!
    It's good that the BBB got involved. Hopefully things will improve for HTC in that area.
    01-03-2018 09:16 PM
26 12