[ROM] Wildside

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I made a grave error in judgment when I made this rom. I based it on a very good rom by JMZ that had been link dead for six months. I failed to ask for his permission to do so. He called me out on it, and was in the right. I had to look up what kang really meant, I thought I was just the name of a rom project. It's a verb, and I had done just that. I meant no disrespect to JMZ, and I'm sorry I did it. I have removed all links to this rom on every forum it had been posted on, with a copy of this entire message. My reputation is important to me, and I try to do the right thing whenever possible.

I have learned a lot over the course of this, enough to start over with my own source. I've also learned something about developer etiquette, the hard way.

Wildside will return, from source.

Last edited:

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Very stable, that was the primary goal. The thing is, the WFS isn't much of an upgrade from the OV. Aside from a better camera, led flash, and FM tuner, it's the same phone (although with the same ram and a much bigger framework, you need the sd-ext or you run out of space for apps pretty quickly)

sent from here to there...

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Very stable, that was the primary goal. The thing is, the WFS isn't much of an upgrade from the OV. Aside from a better camera, led flash, and FM tuner, it's the same phone (although with the same ram and a much bigger framework, you need the sd-ext or you run out of space for apps pretty quickly)

Well, after seeing how AndyOpie150 was buying multiple phones as backups for his Optimus V, I've been considering doing the same thing, and this phone caught my eye.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I still use the OV myself. My wife has the WFS, it was a replacement for an Intercept. The WFS is a nice phone (better made than a Huawei) I just dislike Sense. That's why I started development for it.
:D

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Been trying to get this ROM to work properly, installs fine and starts up but randomly freezes and/or restarts, goes into a boot loop at times.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have some corrupt data floating around in there someplace. Try going back into recovery, and wipe everything except your SD card three times. I know it sounds excessive, but CWM recoveries are notorious for not wiping everything properly. I could whip up a flashable zip to wipe everything, might just do that later today....
Anyway, flash the rom after that and you should be set.

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have some corrupt data floating around in there someplace. Try going back into recovery, and wipe everything except your SD card three times. I know it sounds excessive, but CWM recoveries are notorious for not wiping everything properly. I could whip up a flashable zip to wipe everything, might just do that later today....
Anyway, flash the rom after that and you should be set.

Tried that, that doesn't seem to be the problem, downloaded no-frills before it froze and bumped down the frequency a bit. 245min - 768max. Seems to help, had similar issues with my OV crashing when set too high. Will try putting a load on the phone to see if it will freeze again.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Every processor is unique, some will be stable at much higher frequencies than others. Remember the native clock speed is 600, so try going up from there one notch at a time. You can test it's stability with the gallery. Rendering all the thumbnails is a workout, and a reliable method of testing your CPU. If it plays nice at the chosen speed, then go up one more and test again. Keep doing this until the phone starts crashing, then back off one step. You should now be in your phone's sweet spot. Mine seems to run best at 806. Also, there is no benefit to clocking below 480, as the voltage requirements for the arm6 don't decrease past that point, so there is no battery savings. I hope this helps. :)

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Yup, it was crashing due to being over clocked too much. Very nice ROM, works better than all the Sense 2.1/Stock ROMs that I've tried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38