Help updating Mate 10 pro

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I'm in the US and about a year ago I bought the mate 10 pro. I don't know if I didn't realize it or that it'd be an issue, but I bought the international version off ebay. Now it's been a year, and I think I was for some reason able to update it once via HiSuite but otherwise it has never been able to update. I spoke to Huawei and they didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Evidently they don't update international phones located in the US - but if you can update via HiSuite, what's the difference? You can still update.

mmiller221

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
Evidently they don't update international phones located in the US - but if you can update via HiSuite, what's the difference? You can still update.

I appreciate the response. I should have been more clear, that was a very long time ago, and since then HiSuite has not allowed me to update that way either. And honestly it wasn't much of an update either. Are there any alternative but safe routes I could take to update?

mmiller221

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
That sounds like an idea actually from the little I know about them. Anybody have any thoughts on that? No idea how easy it is to obtain and set one up or if it'd be worth it

DJW351981

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site

This is not true at all, I've had an international version in America since it came out, and I've got every update over the air.

mmiller221

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
This is not true at all, I've had an international version in America since it came out, and I've got every update over the air.

Really? Strange, my conversation with Huawei seemed to imply that yes, my problem was that I got the international version and they basically told me I should have got it from Best Buy or something. Does anyone know what's going on? Each time I check for updates it just says there's no new updates.

DJW351981

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Really? Strange, my conversation with Huawei seemed to imply that yes, my problem was that I got the international version and they basically told me I should have got it from Best Buy or something. Does anyone know what's going on? Each time I check for updates it just says there's no new updates.

Got Android 9

Attachments

• 7488.jpg
    7488.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa