Huawei Mate 20 Pro fingerprint

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have seen some reports that the new front in display fingerprint sensor will not work with banking apps. Can anyone share some insights to that? If it true, that pushes me into the 20X

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have seen some reports that the new front in display fingerprint sensor will not work with banking apps. Can anyone share some insights to that? If it true, that pushes me into the 20X
Well I guess this is dependent on your bank. I have just tried it on my Mate 20 Pro review unit and it works perfectly fine. I am in South Africa and bank with FNB who are quite strict with their banking app
8a036225251d821b37f6c29496da28b6.jpg

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Just tried with Natwest in the UK. Works fine with fingerprint.

Somewhat worryingly I absent mindedly unlocked the phone with my left thumb earlier, and it worked! despite registering my right thumb. Unless my fingerprints are really that symmetrical. Can't get it to work with the wrong thumb consistently, about 1 time in 10 if I position it in a certain way. So I would say it is definitely less secure than a regular FP sensor.

Easycure1974

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Somewhat worryingly I absent mindedly unlocked the phone with my left thumb earlier, and it worked! despite registering my right thumb. Unless my fingerprints are really that symmetrical. Can't get it to work with the wrong thumb consistently, about 1 time in 10 if I position it in a certain way. So I would say it is definitely less secure than a regular FP sensor.

Is it really true ? Sounds really bad if it is

parsley1938

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Received my Mate 20 Pro today, so far I've had issues with the fingerprint unlock for both the Paypal app and the eBay app. Both of which were working fine on my P20 Pro. It simply does not recognise it and just counts down how many attempts I have left. I have reverted to a pin unlock for Paypal.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Setting up my phone in the UK now.. It's working fine with lloyds bank and tesco pay+ up to now.
... Also fingerprint scanner works fine with Ebay , PayPal and my EE login.

Last edited:

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

That's slightly concerning. Also read somewhere that the Face Unlock got confused by 2 unrelated bearded chaps.

I was absolutely all set for this phone but handled it in store and wasn't too sure about the curved edges (have 10 Pro) so reluctantly passed on it, for now.

Going to keep abreast of threads like his to hear about early issues etc and see how long I can resist.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I did set up the fingerprint and facial recognition as I set up the phone then the apps such as ebay, PayPal, lloyds asked if I wanted to use saved fingerprints as I was setting the apps up. No problems at all yet.

HuwieM

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
I can confirm the First Direct banking app is not currently supporting the fingerprint scanner. Pain in the arse. Who's with First Direct anyway...? Just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress