Whats the latest security update you have on your Mate 9?

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
If you want monthly security updates then Huawei isn't for you. You may be better off with a Pixel or perhaps blackberry.

The carrier Galaxy lineup also gets updated quicker than Huawei, though not as fast as Pixel.
That I was well aware of before purchasing, but if they want to compete with Apple and Samsung they need to get their updates in check

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
That I was well aware of before purchasing, but if they want to compete with Apple and Samsung they need to get their updates in check

My turn to agree with you. While having each update is not absolutely necessary, 4-5 months of no updates is not either.

There has to be a happy median where at least I know that Huawei is showing some interest in keeping the phone somewhat current.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Oh i definitely agree. Hopefully they will do better once they have a larger USA presence.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up an mha l09 (UK)
It installed b190 as soon as setup.
Very impressed with the phone (coming from a nexus 6)

Ive installed firmware finder which shows B193, B194 patch levels available for the l09 but a compatability check in the app says there not approved for installation. Anyone any experience of these?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up an mha l09 (UK)
It installed b190 as soon as setup.
Very impressed with the phone (coming from a nexus 6)

Ive installed firmware finder which shows B193, B194 patch levels available for the l09 but a compatability check in the app says there not approved for installation. Anyone any experience of these?

I have installed unapproved updates without problems. I was even able to get an ota update afterwards. Ymmv of course. I tried a few and it didn't take. Finally one did.

This was on my m3 but it should be a similar concept here

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
Ok so I've got a P8 lite - last security update Feb 2017.

Google need to gat a grip on the manufacturers and the complete and utter lack of support they offer. forst week of ownership I was happy, 3 weeks in disappointment was setting in. now 2 months in I completely p****d off and will never buy another Android device EVER.

I guess that's why Apple products are so popular whilst not without their issues they generally work, updates are available as soon as released and support is available.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've got a P8 lite - last security update Feb 2017.

Google need to gat a grip on the manufacturers and the complete and utter lack of support they offer. forst week of ownership I was happy, 3 weeks in disappointment was setting in. now 2 months in I completely p****d off and will never buy another Android device EVER.

I guess that's why Apple products are so popular whilst not without their issues they generally work, updates are available as soon as released and support is available.

Get a pixel. Guaranteed monthly updates. Huawei doesn't have a good track record of timely updates. Samsung is better but not on pixel level.