April's Update

No_autorizado

Feb 11, 2023
Visit site
Bulletins were never intended to be synonymous with the actual updates. They were only generous enough to do so. There are still some critical security flaws that need to be addressed. Then y'all would be complaining about that.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
A quoted comment from 9 to 5 Google, with which I agree strongly.

“What's most disturbing is the lack of communication. December and January updates were not provided at all to many T-Mobile users, and not a word was received from either company about what caused that. A simple "there's a compatbility issue with band X cellular connectivity" would have been enough.”

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Bulletins were never intended to be synonymous with the actual updates. They were only generous enough to do so. There are still some critical security flaws that need to be addressed. Then y'all would be complaining about that.
Google set the precedent by having timely updates pretty much every first Monday, for YEARS! Then they tell us with their own silicon, updates will be so much easier and faster. Yet with the introduction of their chip, they have had timely updates maybe 10% of the time while delaying everything else. None of this would be an issue if they had some semblance of a PR team to communicate any issues with their users, however I guess that's asking too much of a multi billion dollar company.

I've grown to expect these updates to be delayed now anyway, and I wasn't even looking for it this time. It's not really a surprise it's pushed.... Again...

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
Google set the precedent by having timely updates pretty much every first Monday, for YEARS! Then they tell us with their own silicon, updates will be so much easier and faster. Yet with the introduction of their chip, they have had timely updates maybe 10% of the time while delaying everything else. None of this would be an issue if they had some semblance of a PR team to communicate any issues with their users, however I guess that's asking too much of a multi billion dollar company.

I've grown to expect these updates to be delayed now anyway, and I wasn't even looking for it this time. It's not really a surprise it's pushed.... Again...
Not to mention, it takes ages to install a small update, like 2-3 hours on the so called Flagship device!

prmcafee

Apr 20, 2021
Visit site
There's probably a good reason that the update is delayed. It'll be out.

Granted, it is a bit weird that Google has been delayed in the updates but personally I'm not worried.

Also, if you want to avoid the optimization delay, just install them manually via sideload or the updater site Google has. Only if you're comfortable doing that though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You know that's by design right? Pixels have A/B partitions so that you can use your phone while it's installing. No need to wait around not using it while it does it's thing.
Only problem is when u go to settings>check for software update im interfering that way i download right away not waiting 2.5 hours later while its doing its thing , with Samsung choose software update manually 10 minutes start to finish its done .

Reactions: Super Spartan

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
You know that's by design right? Pixels have A/B partitions so that you can use your phone while it's installing. No need to wait around not using it while it does it's thing.
That's pointless because if you use your phone and check the progress later, you will see that it was paused/interrupted due to device usage

Reactions: mustang7757

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly