Why my Messenger closes by itself in the middle of a conversation with no apparent reason?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a P20 and I've been having this issue with Facebook's Messenger and WhatsApp Messenger too. I'm having a normal conversation and with no reason the app goes off. I have restored to factory settings and uninstall the apps and re-download them from the app store (latest version). This kind of cellphone has 4 GB of RAM so I don't think it's a matter of RAM lacking, so anyone who can give me a better solution or at least a reasonable answer?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it only happens with a couple of apps and you've cleared said apps' cache/data, the problem is likely a bug in the app themselves. Have you tried contacting their devs or submitting a bug report? I believe Whatsapp blocks older versions, but you could try older versions of the app (you'd have to manually install them) and see if that helps. If it does, it's a bug introduced in some update to the app.

Also, check you're not doing something specific like hitting the back/home button while typing or having process-intensive tasks in the background that might be killing the apps (try setting Whatsapp and Messenger to not be battery-optimized, too).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress