I have a P20 and I've been having this issue with Facebook's Messenger and WhatsApp Messenger too. I'm having a normal conversation and with no reason the app goes off. I have restored to factory settings and uninstall the apps and re-download them from the app store (latest version). This kind of cellphone has 4 GB of RAM so I don't think it's a matter of RAM lacking, so anyone who can give me a better solution or at least a reasonable answer?
    02-20-2020 01:43 PM
    If it only happens with a couple of apps and you've cleared said apps' cache/data, the problem is likely a bug in the app themselves. Have you tried contacting their devs or submitting a bug report? I believe Whatsapp blocks older versions, but you could try older versions of the app (you'd have to manually install them) and see if that helps. If it does, it's a bug introduced in some update to the app.

Also, check you're not doing something specific like hitting the back/home button while typing or having process-intensive tasks in the background that might be killing the apps (try setting Whatsapp and Messenger to not be battery-optimized, too).
    02-20-2020 04:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is it possibly you're accidentally tapping the Home or Back button while you're typing?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    02-20-2020 06:34 PM