Google bans Huawei:Are you worried?

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
None of that article came from anyone official

Fact is if you actually look beyond the smear campaign, by the billionaires running the media with US business interests, the UK and others have not found any evidence to not trust Huawei.

BT fully vetted out Huawei before awarding them contracts and Huawei passed.

Which is why they are in the discussion to take on our 5G upgrades.

Its only the megalomaniac Trump who keeps spouting off but wont provide evidence when asked.
And off course others have to say the same for politics
Pretty much just sore losers. Over here in the USA it's all about the money. They taught the Chinese and the rest of the world about capitalism. Problem was, the Chinese got better at it. They first tried to fear monger( which they are good at), then they pushed the major USA carriers not stock and sell their devices. They then even arrested a VP. It didn't work, so now they pulled the ace of spades out. Got their buddies Google to cease support.
Pretty plain and obvious.

Google also showed their allegiance . I had my doubts about Google for a few years.

Last edited:

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
They have tweeted that existing phones will still have access to the play store and will get security updates. But if you were expecting an OS Upgrade, your out of luck. That said, Huawei doesn't do a great job of security updates anyway. My Mate 9 Pro hasn't had a security update in six months.

We should see Q hopefully. I think Huawei was working on that already

But its annoying, Huawei camera tech was so far ahead and innovative.

Huawei will suffer, but so will Android as well

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much just sore losers. Over here in the USA it's all about the money. They taught the Chinese and the rest of the world about capitalism. Problem was, the Chinese got better at it. They first tried to fear monger , then they pushed the major USA carriers not stock and sell their devices. T They then even arrested a VP. It didn't work, so now they pulled the ace of spades out. Got their buddies Google to cease support.
Pretty plain and obvious unless your stupid.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/paranoia-will-destroy-you-why-chinese-tech-isnt-spying-on-us/

Its just sad.

And the strange thing is not many Americans seem to be concerned that they are being dictated to in terms of what products you can buy.

Liberties are being taken away in the name of liberty and noone is noticing.

You cant make it up!

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
we're getting a lot of it from certain media as well here in Britain

Funnily enough mostly from media with owners who have interests in the US.

Also funnily enough, never once has one bit of evidence been shown
It'll only get worse for you guys since Fox take over of Sky News.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
It'll only get worse for you guys since Fox take over of Sky News.

tbf no one took Sky News very seriously anyway

It was the closest thing we had to a Fox coming second only to the Daily Mail.

Anyone with a reasonable bit of education knew that Murdoch owned media was full of nonsense

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
https://www.zdnet.com/article/paranoia-will-destroy-you-why-chinese-tech-isnt-spying-on-us/

Its just sad.

And the strange thing is not many Americans seem to be concerned that they are being dictated to in terms of what products you can buy.

Liberties are being taken away in the name of liberty and noone is noticing.

You cant make it up!

Americans are not concerned? Americans do not know what a Huawei is.

Americans did however, vote for that rat of a president, and I'm sure one if his minions will be here soon to defend their Lord and savior.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
lol just to support Huawei my next phone will be a Huawei.. after all I was keen on one. dosent matter if I dont have Google apps, I'll get a second phone to ensure I still have those apps.

Punyawee Werasopon

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Huawei has immediately lost access to Android and Google

As an end-users who use Huawei devices outside China, how the effect would happen to the user? Do I really need to change to other brands?

By the way, I think this is the crazy things that Trumps usually does. But this is the first time affects me. And I'm ready to try if Huawei launch it's own OS.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Huawei has immediately lost access to Android and Google

From the horses mouth:
17ac6aadde38ca9ad1a7a6410d764eff.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note

While this topic is political in nature there is a fine line talking about it and then hopping onto the bandwagon of insulting others for possibly having a differing opinion. Hate that situation ? All day. Calling people dumb for a different set of opinions? Ehh.

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
If you already have or ordered a p30 you'll still get the play store and updated from the play store please put out accurate info

bobsy852

Apr 18, 2019
Visit site
I got my P30 Pro on just after UK release and have to say I'm fairly gutted. It took a lot to move me over from Apple products after bad experiences with Android in the past but I LOVE my P30 Pro.

Was gutted to hear this news this morning and immediately took to Googling (ironically) what this would mean for my phone.

Seems as though as it came installed with Google products/apps I'll still get those updated but doesn't seem like I'll get the next or any future versions of Android OS or security updates.

I'm hoping Huawei don't just force their own OS on my phone in light of this forcing me to loose all things Google so I'll be weary about any OS updates going forward.

For now it looks like I'll be stuck with the exact phone I have now for the duration of my 24mo contract. If it stays as it is I'm not overly unhappy about this as I enjoy the phone but I understand updates can be important and there a couple of things I was hoping would get resolved with later updates which it seems I'll now just have to accept throughout

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez