Internal Antenna Booster?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Those have been around for years in one shape or another. They've never worked.

It's funny, NOW the sellers are claiming that it will also cut down radiation that is put out by the phone. Next: helps you lose weight.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh man are these things still around? I thought they went the way of the Analog DoDo.

Don't waste your $2. Buy a scratch off lottery ticket instead, you'll get the thrill of anticipation for a minute and still be $2 lighter. ;)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Leo Laporte on his weekly podcast of "This Week in Tech" he had some RF engineers in that were obviously discussing the iPhone antenna issues etc, and one of them said that those do work, but they work like a random number generator and work for some and not others. Some kind of black art, RF engineering, reflecting energy mojo. Never tried one myself, don't think they would work either but who knows.

Here's a pretty good write up, it's about 4 years old but still the same logic none the less.
Cellphone antenna booster sticker test and analysis

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
W00t w00t gotta love the Twit network. Really nice shows mainly with stuff I've already read about but none the less interesting.

This Week in Tech
This Week in Google
Windows Weekly
This Week in Computer Hardware

Gotta love em!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Here's a pretty good write up, it's about 4 years old but still the same logic none the less.
Cellphone antenna booster sticker test and analysis

Here's the Conclusion of the article from Digital Bits... Cracked me up.

Conclusions

I'll make this very simple:

Based on my testing, and the antenna theory as presented by the experts, cellphone antenna booster stickers do not work as advertised.
Based on their marketing techniques, including the imaginary or unverifiable "experts" stating they work, it's my belief antenna booster stickers are a scam.

It's these pervasive small scams that really get me upset. They sneak in under the radar. They're cheap and unobtrusive enough to insinuate themselves everywhere. Having a society where one can sell almost anything (without any proper verification of claims) gives an undeserved level of legitimacy.

In this case, the claims are far too good to be true. But the sad fact is that enough people are buying these types of products to keep companies successful for years.

Save your money.