Problems installing Jager ROM (Chocolate)

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
OK so here is what I do:

Went to ROM Manager and selected boot to recovery
Get to screen with ! and triangle and press vol+ and power
Get to Clockwork Mod Recovery
Nandroid and backup
Select Install from SD Card and The Choose zip from SD Card
I select JagerRomSense.zip
in a few seconds I get the error
"E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted."

What am I doing wrong or missing? I have redownloaded the ROM to be sure it didn't get corrupted. One time it was dl from the Inc the other my computer just to be sure. Please help.

starscream84

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this will help, I would delete any of the downloads on your sd card. I am actually using this ROM right now, the only difference with how I installed it was I downloaded the ROM through the phone, but I skipped the ROM manager app. I booted into hboot and then recovery, nandroid, wipe 3 times, and then install. Hope this helps. :)

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this will help, I would delete any of the downloads on your sd card. I am actually using this ROM right now, the only difference with how I installed it was I downloaded the ROM through the phone, but I skipped the ROM manager app. I booted into hboot and then recovery, nandroid, wipe 3 times, and then install. Hope this helps. :)

Sweet. Sorry about the post earlier forgot to add the wipe of data and cache. Did it like you stated with out using ROM Manager and its going now. Will keep you up to date

UPDATE

Got Chocolate installed.

Last edited:

starscream84

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Sweet. Sorry about the post earlier forgot to add the wipe of data and cache. Did it like you stated with out using ROM Manager and its going now. WIll keep you up to date

Awesome, I have been using this ROM for about a week now, I literally have yet to have one F/C. All the vanilla ROMS seem to be a little buggy i.e. GPS not working/ only 3MP camera, so although this is still sense, it still has all the goodies plus everything works!!! I hope you like it!!

buya97

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
seems like the link you provided is no longer working, is anyone willing to share theirs, it would be greatly appreciated

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, I have been using this ROM for about a week now, I literally have yet to have one F/C. All the vanilla ROMS seem to be a little buggy i.e. GPS not working/ only 3MP camera, so although this is still sense, it still has all the goodies plus everything works!!! I hope you like it!!

Been using the 1.6.2 ROM for a bit, the Vanilla one. Everything works great haven't had any FC's, camera is 8MP and the GPS works. Best ROM I've used so far, Cyanogen will hopefully come up with a less buggy test soon. I really want 2.2.

starscream84

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
@Starscream84
Are you running OC'ed? How is the stability of it? What speed are you running at?

The ROM comes with the OC/UV kernel, and I didn't install any other kernel on my own. I installed setcpu and it looks like it read 1.2, but as soon as I installed that, I started getting F/C's alot and random reboots, so I uninstalled setcpu and havn't had a problem since. I've read alot about setcpu not working with the INC so I took it as that was the problem, but its super stable, thats the main reason I have been sticking with it until a good froyo build comes out. :)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not that setcpu doesn't work with the Inc it doesn't work with that included hydra kernel. He specifically states over on XDA not to use setcpu with it.

starscream84

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Been using the 1.6.2 ROM for a bit, the Vanilla one. Everything works great haven't had any FC's, camera is 8MP and the GPS works. Best ROM I've used so far, Cyanogen will hopefully come up with a less buggy test soon. I really want 2.2.

Sorry guys, all the links to Captjager ROMS are down, I didn't notice that when I posted the link. I'd also love a link of any has one to this vanilla ROM. Thanks in advance if anyone has a working one. :)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys, all the links to Captjager ROMS are down, I didn't notice that when I posted the link. I'd also love a link of any has one to this vanilla ROM. Thanks in advance if anyone has a working one. :)

I'm uploading to my site now. Should be up in about 10-15 minutes. It will be the Jager 1.6.2 vanilla rom. (No Sense UI comes with Launcher Pro)

http://www.pyxistech.net/htcInc/JagerRom1.6.2.zip

Last edited:

sklemp

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a Jager 1.7.3 out now, but it's only for Vanilla. Hopefully he'll make one for Chocolate soon.

Also looks like the site changed from inc.sodpit.com to incredibleroms.com

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm just glad to see a cooker that is being pretty active and pushing updates on their ROMs out pretty frequently. Hopefully for you Sense guys he will have a choclate version up soon. I've decided to hold off a while until CyanogenMod gets to a final release version and out of testing. But there appears to be a lot of bugs to work through on it before it will be ready.

May try Jager again, as I was impressed with it, except I'm waiting to see if anyone reports any issues with using it. Last time I used it I couldn't get the phone to connect as hard disks even after a reinstall. So we shall see!