New OTA (leak?) download link here and instructions

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
As I'm new to android and the whole rooting scene in general, I think I'll wait on this. However, I see nothing wrong with posting this info, especially with a disclaimer. If someone chooses to follow it that's on them, no one is forcing this option down anyone's throat.

xwera43

Dec 20, 2009
www.myspace.com
Verizon tier 2 tech told me tonight that they have yet to receive the update from HTC and there will NOT be an OTA update until it passes their testing. Since they've not gotten the update from HTC, no OTA date is set from Verizon.

X

Sent from my Droid Incredible via Tapatalk

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well that's fine and all, but its as simple as not installing the update.zip twice to not brick your phone.

Yeah so either brick your phone or have possibly a phone you can't revive because the radio got installed but not the rest and now you can't flash back because your phone 'has a newer radio' than the RUU currently does. This potentially leaves you with a dead phone either way. I think I can wait when and if the some of the devs come out with a safer update. They have been warning against people doing this because of the potential repercussions only one of them being bricking your phone.

But if you trust an unknown update from an unknown source with no idea what it could do to your phone by all means go a head!

Verizon tier 2 tech told me tonight that they have yet to receive the update from HTC and there will NOT be an OTA update until it passes their testing. Since they've not gotten the update from HTC, no OTA date is set from Verizon.

X

Sent from my Droid Incredible via Tapatalk

Yeah cause everyone knows that the techs on the phone know all about the internal workings at Verizon. Take it with a grain of salt dude, they have yet to be right with any information I've ever heard them give out.

Last edited:

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah so either brick your phone or have possibly a phone you can't revive because the radio got installed but not the rest and now you can't flash back because your phone 'has a newer radio' than the RUU currently does. This potentially leaves you with a dead phone either way. I think I can wait when and if the some of the devs come out with a safer update. They have been warning against people doing this because of the potential repercussions only one of them being bricking your phone.

Its as simple as following simple instructions, if people can't follow them, then its their fault for messing up their phone. Seen tons of people post in here saying they didn't get the radio installed, obviously they installed this in Clockwork recovery and not stock recovery. That enough says enough to me. There is a way to go back anyways.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
You can rollback fine, unless there is a communication problem between your eyes and your brain. There is a thread for it if you need to rollback, and its linked all over the place.

If you are willing to root and install other roms, then this should be no different. If you install it twice over itself, then shame on you, you were warned.

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

But if you trust an unknown update from an unknown source with no idea what it could do to your phone by all means go a head!

Yeah cause everyone knows that the techs on the phone know all about the internal workings at Verizon. Take it with a grain of salt dude, they have yet to be right with any information I've ever heard them give out.

Werd

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Its as simple as following simple instructions, if people can't follow them, then its their fault for messing up their phone. Seen tons of people post in here saying they didn't get the radio installed, obviously they installed this in Clockwork recovery and not stock recovery. That enough says enough to me. There is a way to go back anyways.

I agree it is, but the thing is you guys are reading how to do it, but you aren't reading what the issues it may cause may be. That's all I'm saying.

You can rollback fine, unless there is a communication problem between your eyes and your brain. There is a thread for it if you need to rollback, and its linked all over the place.

If you are willing to root and install other roms, then this should be no different. If you install it twice over itself, then shame on you, you were warned.

Tell that to the people, who did follow the directions and have messed up phones. That are not working with the update, and that they can't roll back because the radio did get installed. What went wrong? Who knows. It's careless actions of other people posting things that devs specifically asked people not to post that causes issue somewhere down the line.

Each to his own enjoy your update and hopefully you'll have no issue in the future, keep your fingers crossed.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Really? Who? I see 1000x more success than failures, and I've not seen one person who couldn't roll back, who tried.

Not going to argue. I have my point of view you have yours. You should hang out in IRC is all, information in forums is a limit view dude.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Broaden your horizons to other forums would be my advice to you. :)

I know what you're talking about. ;)

My view is that it's a week or so for the rumored (by BGR, I might add; a little more reputable than Michael Weston, with absolutely NOTHING against him). I can wait that long.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm just waiting for a working camera. Then I will be more than happy to install CM 6.

That's true; having no camera is kind of annoying. Hasn't bothered me yet, though.

I'll probably have stock rooted back for the camera. Never know what you'll need it for on a weekend :cool:

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of pictures (and I know you've used the leaked OTA) does it improve much in the way of actual speed of the camera app? I love the pictures it takes, but I think it's just a bit on the slow side.

Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa