[FroyoFeature] Trackpad Enhancements

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Before the update, the trackpad was always just there. Staring at me. Sometimes, glaring at me. It wasn't very useful, IMHO.

Now, though, it seems to have some type of 'inertial' scrolling. For example, open settings and scroll to the bottom. Then, swipe up on the trackpad. For me, it zooms up. I'm almost sure (like 94.875%) that that didn't do that pre leaked Froyo. Either way, I find it useful now.

Seriously though, I'm loving this update. Can't wait for the 'official' release.

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I always felt the trackball was basically useless in 2.1. However, it is much more responsive in Froyo and I am actually using it.

Mike

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Before the update, the trackpad was always just there. Staring at me. Sometimes, glaring at me. It wasn't very useful, IMHO.

Now, though, it seems to have some type of 'inertial' scrolling. For example, open settings and scroll to the bottom. Then, swipe up on the trackpad. For me, it zooms up. I'm almost sure (like 94.875%) that that didn't do that pre leaked Froyo. Either way, I find it useful now.

Seriously though, I'm loving this update. Can't wait for the 'official' release.

I barely used the trackball unless I was in recovery...

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was just me. I can glide over the sensor more like a track pad rather than just an optical joystick. Much more useful than it was.