How Big of an SD Card

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if i have enough room to start flashing roms just using the included 2 gb sd card. I eventually want to upgrade to 32 gb but can't at the moment (college budget).

I want to avoid buying a bigger card just to buy another one if I can.

Thanks

oletheos

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
well if you do backups before you flash, you will run out of space. my back ups are taking about 450-600 mbs a piece and then you have the space of the rom it self on the sd card plus any media and what not you stored, apps, app back ups, pictures, music. 2gig will go fast.

i had a 16 and just went to a 32 and its nice having that breathing room again to let stuff sit on the card. i went from 2 gigs available to around 18.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
if i plan on just doing a stock backup and one rom flash, think i'd be safe. I just won't backup the flashed rom and if i decide to get rid of it or something happens, ill just go back to stock again.

oletheos

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
internal memory is where the roms go once flashed. it has to be there for the phone to work cause if your sd card slipped out then your phone wouldn't be able to run.

Reactions: thechemE#CB

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
if i plan on just doing a stock backup and one rom flash, think i'd be safe. I just won't backup the flashed rom and if i decide to get rid of it or something happens, ill just go back to stock again.

You can always transfer your backups to your PC if you want to keep them.

2GB is about bare minimum. You won't have room for much else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez