Meeting opposite faction wile hacking

raptor63

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if any players have had in counters with the opposite faction wile hacking their portal. I have not had this happen but I could see how it is possible. It could lead to an uneasy situation. What a cool game. Enjoy your hacking.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Happened on my first day, and it's happened a few times since. Remember this is just a game......we're not about ripping someone's phone out of their hands, smashing it on the ground, kidnapping them, etc, etc. lol. We actually had a decent conversation for about ten minutes and went on our seperate ways.

raptor63

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you Sledge 100 percent. I have had people give me some strange looks when I have walked into an area to hack a portal. I live in a well populated area and the opposite faction is getting a secure lock down on the area. There s only one other player of my faction in the area at the moment. Any encounters would be with opposite faction most likely.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've met up with several opposing faction members. In fact, I was taking over a portal today when one I know well pulled up, smiled, waved, and waited until I was done with my attack before chatting.

Of course, he was smiling partly because we like chatting with each other, and partly because he had exciting news... He is now level 8 and wanted to make sure it was one of my portals he broke through on.

I also saw an l8 burster in action. Holy crow. I need to get another 475,000 points in a hurry. I want me some of that boom-boom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I think most people are friendly with each other, even on opposite sides. We actually need both sides to get anywhere.

If there weren't other portals to attack, then either you get your 10 AP for recharging resonators, or have to wait for the portal to decay before you could place more resonators and upgrade them. It would take forever to level up that way.

I know a few people in my area who leave some portals vulnerable, just so they can let it be taken over and available for attacking again. Much easier to gain AP and level up that way.

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Very first day out here in Hollywood, lots of people and portals hard not to at all hours of the day and night lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
L8 xmps are where it's at. I just had to leave my house at 23:00 last night to drop a kite over Phoenix. Then proceed to get up a large hill in the dark to a random portal that anchored Payson, and Blythe lol