HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, just checked OtterBox's website and they are sold out of the Desire HD Defender and Commuter cases. Seems as if everyone caught on even though they were telling the public it was not compatible with the Inspire 4G.

mwd68

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
HTC inspire/desire HD

Check out Ottorbox website now, they acknowledge it is the same case, it is listed as inspire/desireHD. But it still shows sold out. I got one coming from Amazon.

brahob

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I found mine on eBay for $25 + $5 sh. I got it in about 4 days. Last I checked the buyer I got it from had one left. expressbuy123

brahob

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Are there any issues with the flash reflecting into the lense when taking pictures? I think its just a problem if the 2 holes are connected like on some cases. Just curious.
I haven't had any issues with the flash, however, the flash on my Inspire made my pics yellow even w/out the case. I changed the saturation setting as low as it would go and it works perfect.

3GOD

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
To those with the Defender case, can you comment on how much (if any) the screen protector affects the sensitivity of the touch screen? Additionally, I read on otterbox's facebook (I think) that the desire HD defender case partially covers a microphone on the back of the inspire - any comments on this?

Thanks!

markoujk

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the info. just got the inspire and was wondering if the desire hd case would fit. off to find a defender case now.

GeekDrew

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
To those with the Defender case, can you comment on how much (if any) the screen protector affects the sensitivity of the touch screen? Additionally, I read on otterbox's facebook (I think) that the desire HD defender case partially covers a microphone on the back of the inspire - any comments on this?

Thanks!

I've been using my Inspire 4G with the Desire HD Defender for about a week. Yes, the screen protector does decrease sensitivity, but it is still perfectly acceptable -- I adjusted to the "new feel" within a few minutes of installing the case.

I did see the post from Otterbox on their Facebook discussion page... perhaps more of us need to chime in before they actually take action? It does mention a microphone on the back... but I don't see where on the back of the phone there is a microphone. There is a tiny hole beside the flash, and that could be it, I suppose... but in any event, have had no problems with mine in the last week.

displacedtexan

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my Inspire 4G with the Desire HD Defender for about a week. Yes, the screen protector does decrease sensitivity, but it is still perfectly acceptable -- I adjusted to the "new feel" within a few minutes of installing the case.

I did see the post from Otterbox on their Facebook discussion page... perhaps more of us need to chime in before they actually take action? It does mention a microphone on the back... but I don't see where on the back of the phone there is a microphone. There is a tiny hole beside the flash, and that could be it, I suppose... but in any event, have had no problems with mine in the last week.
Exactly what I've noticed...

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
i refuse to order the commuter case. i want that defender case. i had it on my 3gs, and it was amazing. now i want it on this phone. can't live without it.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
I saw them on ebay under HTC Desire HD, being shipped from NY, USA. But the seller says they are not not intended to be used with the Inspire 4G. I think I will still get it, though I would rather get them from the store so that way I can return it if I don't like it, etc. Meh.

Bought mine through eBay: http://r.ebay.com/jnIhUr

Last edited: