Stuck on looping Cyanogen Mod 7 bootup screen.

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just like the title says. I took the battery out and am now trying to do a system restore.

Why does it keep looping? And this might have something to do with it, what does it mean to put the zip folder on the "root" of your SD Card. I just put it on the clockworkmod folder because I dont have the root folder. It made me manually pick the ROM I want and it went by really fast, like it downloaded in 20 seconds. then it went to reboot, went past the HTC screen, then started looping on the CM7 screen.

Also, I did not check "back up" and "wipe cache" from the ROM manager.

Please any help would be great.

enstorck

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The root of the sdcard is just the main "directory" for the card. When you first view the sdcard in windows explorer, assuming you are using windows, then the root is what you first see when clicking on the drive letter. It will contain all the folders and stuff on the card including the clockwork mod folder. The easiest way for you tro transfer is to right click on the zip file you placed in the clockwork mod folder and choose "cut". Then right click on the drive letter for your sdcard and choose paste. The zip file will now be in the root directory.

I would do that then reboot back into clockwork mod, go back through the steps to flash CM7 and you should be all set.

jlgroves1

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
make sure to do complete factory wipe or you will boot loop. make titanium back up before flashing so you can restore. factory reset first then choose CM7.1 zip file to install. should solve your problem