My HTC Evo Design won't turn on.

MiMiAnne22

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
My HTC Evo Design kept freezing and shutting itself off and now it just will not turn on. I just got this phone a few weeks ago and I haven't really downloaded many apps; I know there were many apps already installed on the phone. I don't know if apps are causing this to happen, but I just need help. I tried holding the power button down. Nothing. I tried plugging my phone in on the charger; it turned on for a little bit then shut off. I tried the factory reset by holding the volume button. Nothing. I tried taking the battery out for a while. Nothing. My phone was completely charged before my phone shut off, so my phone wasn't dying. I don't know what else to do but to take it to the boost mobile store, but I want to figure out what the problem is so I know for if my phone does this again another time.

plutoniandroid

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Have the same exact problem, for the second time after being repaired once already! Each time it initially started freezing/restarting while using Facebook app with GPS working in the background. No rooting.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!

My HTC Evo Design kept freezing and shutting itself off and now it just will not turn on. I just got this phone a few weeks ago and I haven't really downloaded many apps; I know there were many apps already installed on the phone. I don't know if apps are causing this to happen, but I just need help. I tried holding the power button down. Nothing. I tried plugging my phone in on the charger; it turned on for a little bit then shut off. I tried the factory reset by holding the volume button. Nothing. I tried taking the battery out for a while. Nothing. My phone was completely charged before my phone shut off, so my phone wasn't dying. I don't know what else to do but to take it to the boost mobile store, but I want to figure out what the problem is so I know for if my phone does this again another time.

If it's that bad I would just get it replaced. Even if you managed to get it working properly again, who knows what is going to happen in the future. Now if you get a replacement and the same thing happens, it might be something you are doing, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez