FINALLY!!!

Hjortron

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
After much hemming & hawing, endless reading of product reviews, "Switching From iPhone to Android" guides, forum posts, watching of YouTube videos, etc, etc, I have FINALLY, OFFICIALLY made the switch from iPhone to Android. Just received my new phone yesterday: an HTC One X+, and I've got to tell you: This thing is friggin' BEAUTIFUL!!! I mean, really: SUCH good product design! I think it's quite possibly the most beautiful phone I've ever used, PERIOD. Making the switch was not an easy decision. While I wasn't exactly ENTRENCHED in the iOS ecosystem, I HAD grown very used to it: the apps, the stability, etc. But I knew I wanted a larger screen, and I didn't think the iPhone 5 was large enough for me. I'd been testing out Android via a Samsung Galaxy S3, which I borrowed through work, and to be fair, I LOVE the Galaxy S3. I had only a few gripes (ONE, really): The display, while spacious & beautiful, was a bit too dim to see outdoors in daylight, even at maximum brightness. That was a big deal for me (the iPhone is VERY bright), and I frequently need to use my phone outside. The One X/One X+ was packing the best (or ONE of the best) screen(s) in the business, and the industrial design speaks for itself. That said, I do realize that it is an imperfect device, and that there are other phones on the market RIGHT NOW, which are more powerful (The LG Optimus G, the Nexus 4...), but I don't know: This works for me somehow. Despite its shortcomings (only 1 Gb RAM vs TWO on the Galaxy S3, Optimus G & Nexus 4, a strange multitasking approach, etc), I am LOVING this phone so far. She's still plenty smooth. Perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon period, and need to report back after a few weeks (if I end up NOT liking it, I will fall back on the Galaxy), but for now, I am very happy with my decision to leave the iPhone fray. The One X+ is not a popular phone (certainly not as popular as the Galaxy S3), but if you're looking for a phone RIGHT NOW, I strongly suggest that you give it a play. It may grow on you. OK, I'm off to customize... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38