Got an android phone to play with and now it's bye bye iPhone!

jshadow

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I had a 3GS, 4s and i5, all jailbroken. A day after I got my hands on the Samsung Galaxy Express, I knew I would sell my iPhone 5 and switch to android. My android phone is now so much easier to root and play with. No worries about when and if a jailbreak would come out. No worries about restoring and losing the jailbreak. With Android it is so easy to transfer files between my Windows laptop too.
Lots of ways to customize my android phone now. Loads of apps. So many things to do with my phone and so little time.
Now, I have a new problem. Which phone do I get next? The new Nexus? The new LG 3? OnePlus One? The new Sony or wait for something from the rumored Silver line?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a 3GS, 4s and i5, all jailbroken. A day after I got my hands on the Samsung Galaxy Express, I knew I would sell my iPhone 5 and switch to android. My android phone is now so much easier to root and play with. No worries about when and if a jailbreak would come out. No worries about restoring and losing the jailbreak. With Android it is so easy to transfer files between my Windows laptop too.
Lots of ways to customize my android phone now. Loads of apps. So many things to do with my phone and so little time.
Now, I have a new problem. Which phone do I get next? The new Nexus? The new LG 3? OnePlus One? The new Sony or wait for something from the rumored Silver line?

Welcome to the forums. I would actually suggest the Nexus. The most difficult device to brick. In fact, you have to go out of your way to try to brick it, and even then, there is a good chance at recovering it.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! The OnePlus One does look great in my opinion.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

jshadow

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I am favoring the Nexus. The OnePlus One has some awesome specs but it seems a bit big for me. I'm not keen about no SD card in the Nexus but I don't have a lot of songs, videos, or games on my phone anyway.
Thanks for your advice.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Nexus devices are always a good bet. There's no good info yet on any possible "Silver" devices, so unless you want to keep playing the waiting game, Nexus would be the way to go.

jshadow

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. It is the Nexus 5 for me! I don't need the fancy camera or big sd card. Looks like the Nexus is the one for those who want to get the latest updates and the biggest selection of roms.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I find the N5 camera to be pretty darn good!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Get the device that fits your needs. If possible, get you hands on the ones currently available in stores and use each to get a rough feel. There are some great choices out right now, so pop into the forum for each device and see what the users also have to say about each.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums at Android Central! 🙌

I totally agree with srkmagnus! 👇
Welcome to the forums!

Get the device that fits your needs. If possible, get you hands on the ones currently available in stores and use each to get a rough feel. There are some great choices out right now, so pop into the forum for each device and see what the users also have to say about each.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again for the helpful advice. I am summing up my needs and I will then choose. It looks like Nexus though.

Good choice, first one to get Android updates. You can't go wrong with a nexus.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Good choice, first one to get Android updates. You can't go wrong with a nexus.

I agree - can't go wrong with the Nexus 5. It's a solid device.

Thanks again for the helpful advice. I am summing up my needs and I will then choose. It looks like Nexus though.
Good choice if that's what you decide on going with. I have it, and love it.

JenTDOT

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Welcome... Nexus all day
my husband has a Nexus and loves it! it's a great phone. I have the Note 3. I wanted a wider phone that is easy to text on and a battery that's a bit more robust. it just depends on your needs. I am very impressed with the Nexus though-great speed, light, and just big enough.