No second Gmail account in email

simonjcook

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have setup up two Gmail accounts and a couple of other email accounts on my Note 3 (4.3) but only the first Google account shows up in the email app. Both show up in the Gmail app but I prefer to have everything working in email so I can monitor all my email (hotmail, Exchange, yahoo too) in the combined inbox. Do I need to add the email account for the second Google account manually as an email account? That seems stupid and everything else is working for both Google accounts and both have email sync enabled. Ideas?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
yes you are right no one has any ideas because i am still confused what you want to do ???? I means you want second gmail account or you don't from your posts it looks as you are happy as well as sad because of the two gmail accounts :p

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Frankly, I have never had a lot of luck with the stock email app. You are probably better off with a 3rd party app from the Play Store. K9 seems to be well liked. I am testing MyMail now and so far I like it.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I added all my email accounts to the stock Android Email app manually and had not problem. I have several gmail accts.

Posted via Android Central App

simonjcook

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
yes you are right no one has any ideas because i am still confused what you want to do ???? I means you want second gmail account or you don't from your posts it looks as you are happy as well as sad because of the two gmail accounts :p

I have two gmail accounts - one personal and one business. I set up both the accounts as "Google" accounts in the accounts panel in Settings. The first one I set up appears in the default mail app, the second one I set up does not despite both being set to sync email. It seems silly I need to set up the second account again as an IMAP mail service so it is effectively set up twice under accounts. I don't mind setting it up under IMAP too but it just seems a little nonsensical to set it up twice as both a google account and an IMAP email account ... especially since the first google account works fine i.e. appears in the default email app without any extra setup like you would expect.

All I was really asking is whether this is normal behaviour - I've not had two Google accounts before so it's a new issue to me and was trying to work out if I was doing something not intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa