Samsung Galaxy Grand: Slow Performance after JB 4.2.2 upgrade.

Saurin Dixit

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Grand Slow Performance after JB 4.2.2 upgrade.

I also upgraded my Grand to JDQ39.I9082XXUBNB2 version and it has slowed down my phone tremendously. I am not able to hard reset my phone. On clicking Volume Up + Home+ Power buttons it comes up with android logo and text as "No Command". If you have found the solution, please share the same.

shijomohan

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Almost Solved i9082 Stability issues

Hi,
I dont have much time to give step by step guidance, If you are struggling too hard to do anything to bring back your i9082 to a stable condition, then google the procedures i mention here.
I tried a lot of work after the 4.2.2 update to boost the phone again to its initial condition. Finally i forced to root my Device, but still the issue not resolved. Because in 4.2.2 there is some demon inside to block the full Privilege of Rooting, ie; We can't go to custom recovery mode to do anything as we wish.
Finally i Downloaded the Stock Firmware 4.1.1 and installed it with ODIN software, for 2 or 3 days Phone worked smooth with a bunch of Apps like FB,Whatsapp,Hike,Skype Etc Etc...but soon later Phone got Hanged proportional to the increase in Apps and Games. It's very Pity to say that this Phablet can now unable to Play a 250 MB game!!!
But i remember and am sure that samsung released a Stability update, that helped to increase stability a lot much, but i dont know which update is that?
Then i Just Updated my Phone(Kept in mind that this Hell Update is the source of every issue's, but i have no other options). Its a 400 MB Update from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2. After that i Tested the device performance, But its dissappointing. Hence i tried the next update, a 7 MB stability Patch. After the Stability Patch, till now phone worked smooth with every inbuilt and 3rd Party essential apps. But eventhough i cannot confirm the performance,and need to test a bit more, If unsatisfied, there is another Update Pending and i'll try it.

Agnibha Roy

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,I am also trying for sys recovery but when I press volume+home+power key it shows an android logo and says "press up key to install custom software else press vol down to restart"
What to do!!

Vivek5488

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I too upgraded my galaxy grand to 4.2.2 n never had issues. I upgraded it manually using 'odin'. Generally there is only one file in update package. But i used one with '. Pit file, csc file, modem file, bootloader file n code(main) file. Pit file repartitions your memory according to needs of Android 4.2.2. N hence runs smoothly. I shared this thinking it may help someone.... :)

Vivek5488

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I too upgraded my galaxy grand to 4.2.2 n never had issues. I upgraded it manually using 'odin'. Generally there is only one file in update package. But i used one with '. Pit file, csc file, modem file, bootloader file n code(main) file. Pit file repartitions your memory according to needs of Android 4.2.2. N hence runs smoothly. I shared this thinking it may help someone.... :)
I didn't even need to clear partition cache or factory reset.

Vivek5488

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,I am also trying for sys recovery but when I press volume+home+power key it shows an android logo and says "press up key to install custom software else press vol down to restart"
What to do!!

What to do!!

What to do!!
From you description above, I'm sure you are pressing wrong keys. To get to recover options, press 'volume up + home + power' keys. If you press volume down key instead, you'll get to downloading mode, which you have mentioned.

Agnibha Roy

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

recently i went to samsung service centre in my locality for some physical damage fix for my grand duos and there i asked them to update my 4.2.2 because of the slowness,they said they have updated 4.2.2 oldest patch . Details below:

Baseband Version : I9082DDUBMK1
Kernel Version : 3.0.31-1329016
se.infra@R0302-13 #1
Mon Nov 11 16:02:42 kst 2013
Build Number: JDQ39.I9082XXUBMK3

Now the problem is when i am going for software update in about device section of my phone its not responsive,means after touching it nothing happens,previously it replies if no updates or any updates.also some minimal UI changes happen in dialling screen,3 options are coming instead 6,also recieve and deny button look got change,please tell me how can i get back the latest version of 4.2.2