Unfortunately, Clock has stopped. How do I fix this after my Lollipop install?

Planehopr

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I installed Lollipop on my Samsung Galaxy S4 yesterday. Now when I try to use my clock app for timers and alarms, I get the message "Unfortunately, Clock has stopped." Then I press OK and the app goes away.

This is very frustrating to me because I use my clock app everyday. I downloaded another one from the play store but I would prefer to use the original factory clock.

I tried clearing the cache and data per the advice on this and other websites. It didn't fix the problem. I tried doing a complete factory reset and it still doesn't work. Now I have to update all my settings all over again. I'm pretty pissed.

I also called Verizon's tech support and they didn't know what to do either.

I'm hoping they push through another update that fixes this. If anyone has any solutions, please let me know. I have been searching for something that will resolve this issue with no luck.

Planehopr

May 9, 2015
Visit site
***********Update*************POSSIBLE SOLUTION

5/9/2015

I just called Verizon Wireless tech support back. The guy had seen this problem once before and found a fix for it. I haven't seen this fix posted on any website, but it worked immediately. Please let me know if this works for you

Go to Settings--Date and Time--Select Date Format, and then choose a date format. Once I picked 'regional' the clock worked without the error "unfortunately, clock has stopped"

Before I tried clearing cache and doing a factory reset You don't have to do this if this "choose date format" works. Please comment and let me know if this helped you. I'm curious if this will work across the board. Maybe even for phones other than Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm stoked!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Saved me from an agonizing night of setting everything up again after a factory reset. Thanks so much. This should be a sticky.

WillRM

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Worked for me too. I too use the Clock app frequently, so this fix is a Godsend. Thanks so much.

***********Update*************POSSIBLE SOLUTION

5/9/2015

I just called Verizon Wireless tech support back. The guy had seen this problem once before and found a fix for it. I haven't seen this fix posted on any website, but it worked immediately. Please let me know if this works for you

Go to Settings--Date and Time--Select Date Format, and then choose a date format. Once I picked 'regional' the clock worked without the error "unfortunately, clock has stopped"

Before I tried clearing cache and doing a factory reset You don't have to do this if this "choose date format" works. Please comment and let me know if this helped you. I'm curious if this will work across the board. Maybe even for phones other than Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm stoked!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just think of all the people who are needlessly suffering a factory reset because this solution is not well known.

C JayKay

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
None of it worked for me. The clock would stop working as quick as I fixed it. I downloaded a free alarm app. Problem solved for me.

Alfred Voon

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
None of it worked for me. The clock would stop working as quick as I fixed it. I downloaded a free alarm app. Problem solved for me.

For those who still suffering from this issue:
1.Go to Setting > Date and Time > Date format > Regional
OR
2.The alarm clock's glitch happened when you have your sound volume totally off , so simply turn on your sound volume and its all good.

desmaw

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Yaay thank you just taking my phone off mite fixed it for me whoop whoop now I can set my alarm for work!! Much appreciated

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Worked perfectly for my but flixter app won't open. Always says my date is wrong even though it is not. Weird

capitalchimera

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Neither of these work for me...I've had to factory reset the phone more than once (as per att tech support) and nothing works. this is one of many issues with my s6 edge