Nexus 9 Stuck during update

edi itelman

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Downloaded the OTA update today tried to install it.
My nexus is now showing the marshmallow 4 circle animation for about 5 hours.
Tried resetting the device but it did not help.

Any advice?

Thanks a LOT!

Edi.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

Downloaded the OTA update today tried to install it.
My nexus is now showing the marshmallow 4 circle animation for about 5 hours.
Tried resetting the device but it did not help.

Any advice?

Thanks a LOT!

Edi.

That's odd. Mine updated just fine. I ended up getting the security patch first then 6.0 showed up on my device. It did take awhile to restart after the update but not 5 hours.

stevemc

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 9 went through the OTA upgrade and on first boot hung at "Starting Up Apps" -- essentially a boot loop as this would happen on multiple restarts. I let it run overnight initially.

I tried to clear the cache, but got a "No Command" error. I then did a factory reset and after a couple hours the device came back up with a fresh install -- of Marshmallow. Because I have a Nexus 7 2013, I was able to use the transfer my settings function and in a couple hours was pretty much back to normal. So far, this seems also to have cured really bad lagginess on the device. So, scary but not too terrible in the end.

I also upgraded a Nexus 5 -- and that went totally without any problems.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
My Nexus 9 went through the OTA upgrade and on first boot hung at "Starting Up Apps" -- essentially a boot loop as this would happen on multiple restarts. I let it run overnight initially.

I tried to clear the cache, but got a "No Command" error. I then did a factory reset and after a couple hours the device came back up with a fresh install -- of Marshmallow. Because I have a Nexus 7 2013, I was able to use the transfer my settings function and in a couple hours was pretty much back to normal. So far, this seems also to have cured really bad lagginess on the device. So, scary but not too terrible in the end.

I also upgraded a Nexus 5 -- and that went totally without any problems.

You know I think I might do a factory reset on my Nexus 9. I am still noticing lag. However, my Nexus 5 seems to be lag free now. The only issue is it still thinks it only has 16GB instead of 32GB. So I need to factory reset it anyway to get my space back. I figure I will let it be for a day and let it back everything up and then use the new restore feature.

David Dupuis

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here... 6.0 OTA update, stuck in bootload. Tried deleting cache twice, did 2 factory reset. Still stuck in bootload. Contacted HTC since I bought it on Amazon and the 30 days return period as expired and got them on the phone for 45min to basically do the cache deletion and factory reset. Since it didn't work, I will need to call them back and hope for a RMA...

There are plenty of posts about this problem on Google support pages such as: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/5DMuTUPVwAQ;context-place=topicsearchin/nexus/category$3Anexus-9

edi itelman

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here... 6.0 OTA update, stuck in bootload. Tried deleting cache twice, did 2 factory reset. Still stuck in bootload. Contacted HTC since I bought it on Amazon and the 30 days return period as expired and got them on the phone for 45min to basically do the cache deletion and factory reset. Since it didn't work, I will need to call them back and hope for a RMA...

There are plenty of posts about this problem on Google support pages such as: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/5DMuTUPVwAQ;context-place=topicsearchin/nexus/category$3Anexus-9

Thanks. any solution provided yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress