Use mobile data while connected to wifi

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I connect to a wifi source that has no internet, I want to be able to use cell data. I can't seem to under Android 8. Is there a way to do this?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When I connect to a wifi source that has no internet, I want to be able to use cell data. I can't seem to under Android 8. Is there a way to do this?

You raise a good question and the answer, so far as I have seen, is no, it is not possible.

What you might try (although I have not seen evidence that this will work) is to go to Settings -> System -> Developer Options and enable "Mobile data always active".

No Developer Options? Then you need to enable:

Go to Settings -> System -> About phone and tap on Build Number multiple times (I think it is 7 times) until you see a message "Congratulations, you are now a developer" or something like that.

Mountain_goat1

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
I just finally found it on my Note 9. I have download booster under connections in settings turned on, then in Wifi again under connections in setting click the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select advanced. Turn on switch to mobile data which allows the phone to use network data when wifi connection is weak or does not have internet connection. 🙂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK