Security not working after Oreo update

zaboga1

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
I have just upgraded my Note 8 to Oreo and now I am not being prompted to enter in any kind of security when I unlock my phone. Previously I used a combination of facial unlock/fingerprint. After I upgraded it no longer asked for anything. I could just swipe up and the phone would unlock. I checked to see if Smart Lock was enabled. I checked and it wasn't. I tried turning it on and then back off but it still didn't work. Is a factory reset the only next step for me?

Some back ground on my phone. It's a T-Mobile version that I unlocked and took over to AT and T. I received the T-Mobile OTA to upgrade to Oreo and it updated with no problems although I now have both T-Mobile and AT and T apps installed. I read that I should flash the AT and T firmware onto my phone but I am reluctant because I am not familiar with doing this.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
This is so frustrating. My Smart Lock stopped working also. It was working for the past several months. I have a Pixel 2 XL purchased directly from Google. I'm in the same location, added neighbors addresses and still it requires my pin or fingerprint. Not easy when my hands are dirty. I've reported it to Google. Haven't heard anything back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member