Sprint G flex LG keyboard

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Does the Sprint version of the G flex have swype built in to the LG keyboard? I shattered the screen on my G2 over the weekend and am trying to decide on the flex or wait for the G3.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Does the Sprint version of the G flex have swype built in to the LG keyboard? I shattered the screen on my G2 over the weekend and am trying to decide on the flex or wait for the G3.

Go in a store and play with it. The LG keyboard has split typing mode and handwriting recognition and otherwise some usual tricks. And separately Swype is also bundled with a few tweaks. It's about an even trade with the pair of keyboards that came on my Samsung tablet, which are also very nice.

Battery is great, camera does lack the G2's OIS but it has a neat trick to make selfies easier. And considering the G3 is rumored to be bigger than the G2 (still smaller than G Pro 2?) you may find the curve of the Flex is a good trade ergonomically.

One interesting thing, QSlide apps include a browser in some markets such as T-Mobile but not Sprint or ATT last I heard. As in a transparent hovering browser. Anything to avoid using the actual Facebook app....if anyone is still on there.

As far as Sprint goes if you have had good service with a G2 the Flex should be equal or better, no clue yet on G3 real world antenna performance. Like I said play with one before deciding. Flex should be a little more shatter resistant than G2's weak glass faceplate. But as long as the screen behind the face still works you should google up DIY glass replacement, some phones are easy to do and others suck. If you broke the actual screen itself then OW.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Go in a store and play with it. The LG keyboard has split typing mode and handwriting recognition and otherwise some usual tricks. And separately Swype is also bundled with a few tweaks. It's about an even trade with the pair of keyboards that came on my Samsung tablet, which are also very nice.

Battery is great, camera does lack the G2's OIS but it has a neat trick to make selfies easier. And considering the G3 is rumored to be bigger than the G2 (still smaller than G Pro 2?) you may find the curve of the Flex is a good trade ergonomically.

One interesting thing, QSlide apps include a browser in some markets such as T-Mobile but not Sprint or ATT last I heard. As in a transparent hovering browser. Anything to avoid using the actual Facebook app....if anyone is still on there.

As far as Sprint goes if you have had good service with a G2 the Flex should be equal or better, no clue yet on G3 real world antenna performance. Like I said play with one before deciding. Flex should be a little more shatter resistant than G2's weak glass faceplate. But as long as the screen behind the face still works you should google up DIY glass replacement, some phones are easy to do and others suck. If you broke the actual screen itself then OW.

All good info to know, my screen on the G2 still works, its a little discolored where the cracks are and no touch items work at all. My deductible with best buy is 149, and the flex is 199 so it's a no brainer. I'm pretty bummed about it, I loved my G2. I'm having to use my battery hog s3 until my upgrade is available on 6-1 and I can't tell you how many times I've double tapped the screen to turn off or on lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
All good info to know, my screen on the G2 still works, its a little discolored where the cracks are and no touch items work at all. My deductible with best buy is 149, and the flex is 199 so it's a no brainer. I'm pretty bummed about it, I loved my G2. I'm having to use my battery hog s3 until my upgrade is available on 6-1 and I can't tell you how many times I've double tapped the screen to turn off or on lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Okay. So the digitizer glass is completely nonfunctional then. And you are less than a month from upgrade, I see now. Well. If you do the $150 to get it fixed thru BB warranty/insurance will it in any way affect your upgrade eligibility? Because if NO then do it. You can probably sell the newly repaired phone for $250 or more? To someone who broke theirs and would need to pay the full replacement.

Examine your options closely, no need to throw a year-old phone in the trash if you can get some money out of it. I mean if it netted you an effective discount of $100-150 off the walk-out price of your next superphone....

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I think you will really like the flex! I cant think of any thing bad to say about it after having it for 2 weeks! The battery life is amazing, its fast, no lag, the screen is beautiful, takes awesome pictures, the split screen mode and slide aside are two awesome features!

SENT FROM MY G-FLEX, BECAUSE SIZE MATTERS, BUT SO DOES FLEXability😁

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I think you will really like the flex! I cant think of any thing bad to say about it after having it for 2 weeks! The battery life is amazing, its fast, no lag, the screen is beautiful, takes awesome pictures, the split screen mode and slide aside are two awesome features!

SENT FROM MY G-FLEX, BECAUSE SIZE MATTERS, BUT SO DOES FLEXability😁

Are any of you guys experiencing music playback issues in Google play music after updating to kit Kat?

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
People use phone hosted media markets? What country is this? Still getting CDs here, they are mostly cheaper and 99% DRM free.

Visa Declined

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Are any of you guys experiencing music playback issues in Google play music after updating to kit Kat?

Yep, Google play music frequently stops playing, and when I look at my phone it says something like "Google Play Music could not play the requested song" and there's a little triangle with an exclamation point. It's acting like my network dropped out, but I always have an excellent signal and this didn't happen on JB.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep, Google play music frequently stops playing, and when I look at my phone it says something like "Google Play Music could not play the requested song" and there's a little triangle with an exclamation point. It's acting like my network dropped out, but I always have an excellent signal and this didn't happen on JB.

This is the same issue everyone is having on the G2. It does it even if you are listening to cached music so it's definitely not a network issue and only started happening after upgrading to kit Kat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress