LG Repair lost my LG G Watch. What now?

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey all!

I'd love to hear your input...

On Monday, 10/12/2015, I received an RA number via email from LG to repair my LG G Watch which was still under warranty.

On Wednesday, 10/14/2015, I boxed it up and shipped it using the prepaid FedEx shipping label that they provided. FedEx tracking shows that it was delivered to LG's repair facility on Friday, 10/16/2015, and it was signed for "SPARK".

Over the next several days, I waited for the status to update online, but it continued to always show, "RA assigned, waiting on customer to ship unit" (and it still does.)

On Monday, 10/26/2015, I chatted with LG customer support, and they told me that they would have to submit a "locate package". They told me that it would take up to 24-48 days. Yes, DAYS.

On Monday, 11/2/2015, I chatted with them once again, and they said that the "locate package" was submitted, and they continue to check.

OK, so it's not been 24-48 days, so I just have to wait and keep checking back.

So what are my options?

If they find it within 24-48 days and repair/replace it per the warranty, that's great! I sent in an LG G Watch, and I expect to receive a repaired/replaced LG G Watch. I've definitely been inconvenienced, but at least I'll get my watch back.

But what if they don't find it?

Again, I expect them to send me a replacement LG G Watch, but some people I have spoken with have suggested that I demand an Urbane or G Watch R as replacement for the trouble and hassle. I typically don't make waves, but in this case, LG blew it, and I therefore expect good customer service from them. I'm not trying to get anything for free, only what's due me. but in the end, because of LG's screwup, I will have been without a watch for up to two months.

Thoughts?

Thanks for listening!

Jim Barr

Amochi013

May 30, 2014
Visit site
If they don't find it, I'm sure they will just give you a new one or a reimbursement. They prefer to loose a little money than to loose a customer

Posted via the Android Central App