Quick Charge?

FutureRoscoe

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the Verizon version G2. Loving it like whoa!

I did plug it in with the official charger that came in the box and it took about 3+ hours to charge from 29% up to 100%.

I thought I had read about a Quick Charge function. Am I wrong? Is there something I have to activate to make it charge "up to 75% faster"?

Thanks!

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
You can see how long it will take to charge when you plug in. Look under the settings widgets... battery widget

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
When you plug it in make sure that it doesn't say "slow charge '. Like it thinks you are plugging into a USB port on your laptop or something. Mine did and it turned out the charger was bad (out of the box) even though I was trying to charge it via an outlet . Att sent me out another one, albeit it was an after market one..! #!!'?!

Posted via Android Central App

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
looking at getting a new car charger, what kind would be the best for this phone? The old one I had for the HTC One was good, and fast, and even when I used navigation it kept charging up, but it seems this phone, probably the 800 is too much for the charger....any recommendations?

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
should I stay around 2-2.1? I read before that the even higher chargers may hurt the battery, not sure how true, but I don't think I need anything too crazy, just something a little better than what I have now....wasn't sure if I should stay a particular range when it came to the amps

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Wont hurt the battery at all.... the phone will only draw the current it needs. Stock wall charger is a 1.8amp, and ur not gonna find that in a car charger, so 2-2.1 will be great...

infuriated

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Wont hurt the battery at all.... the phone will only draw the current it needs. Stock wall charger is a 1.8amp, and ur not gonna find that in a car charger, so 2-2.1 will be great...
Not quite correct... I have an Anker Astro E5 charger, which has 1A and 2A output ports. On one occasion, I accidentally plugged into the 2A output. How did I realize it? Because my G2 was very hot to the touch. Obviously, it was drawing lots of current to get that hot. Even if the current itself didn't damage the battery, the elevated heat did.