LG G2: Touch Screen Issues?

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: G2 Touch Screen Issues?

I tried it out and I get nothing but straight lines. Try doing a factory reset and if that doesn't work exchange the phone.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I tried it out and I get nothing but straight lines. Try doing a factory reset and if that doesn't work exchange the phone.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

I did a factory reset and it eventually comes back. I'm not going to do factory resets all the time, they suck to do.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bradley Garrett

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

I went through my phone and disabled as much of the bloatware that AT&T puts on the phone and I rarely see the problem now. I can say that one app that almost always causes problems is the Google Play store and especially the app update service. When it runs, the screen goes crazy, but it stops after it has completed. Facebook Messenger was another, but I can live without that. For the most part, I didn't use any of the apps I disabled, so it seems like a reasonable fix. Aside from the screen issue, I like the phone, so I suppose this is an acceptable solution, but annoying nonetheless.

rjrobins

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

Vzn G2 - Have the crazy typing issues about twice a day. I simply turn my screen off and after a minute it works. Voice typing is my way around it. I luckily don't get crazy lines though when it happens. It's really annoying when it does happen and while I want to return the device I'm not sure I could perfectly duplicate it when I go to a Verizon store. I tried twice within my 14 day return timeframe and both times I couldn't duplicate it. I'm using the Incipio feather case although I'm not sure that's playing a role. Hope there is a software update or something that can fix it because this phone is absolutely amazing other than this...

GustavoFring

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Vzn G2 - Have the crazy typing issues about twice a day. I simply turn my screen off and after a minute it works. Voice typing is my way around it. I luckily don't get crazy lines though when it happens. It's really annoying when it does happen and while I want to return the device I'm not sure I could perfectly duplicate it when I go to a Verizon store. I tried twice within my 14 day return timeframe and both times I couldn't duplicate it. I'm using the Incipio feather case although I'm not sure that's playing a role. Hope there is a software update or something that can fix it because this phone is absolutely amazing other than this...

Had the same exact problem - the touch screen went bonkers several times a day (especially at the lock screen), but the moment I walked into the Verizon store, it worked just fine. Factory resets and the Verizon update did nothing.

I was still able to get the phone replaced at the store just now (had it for a few days), and the one I received works flawlessly with/without the Verizon update with zero touch issues.

Hopefully it stays that way, because this phone is excellent otherwise.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Guys, a few pages ago someone posted a fix that required turning down the sensitivity. Once I followed his instructions I haven't had this error.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.

rjrobins

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

Changed the sensitivity and still got the glitch twice today. So frustrating. Trying my 4th keyboard and hope it does the trick...

GustavoFring

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Changed the sensitivity and still got the glitch twice today. So frustrating. Trying my 4th keyboard and hope it does the trick...

Just record it the next time it happens (like the person in the video did) and then show it to the Verizon representative. Either that, or just return it.

If it's a hardware problem, changing the keyboard is not going to do anything, and you'll be stuck with a defective phone.

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same problem. Not all the time, obviously, but when it happens it's so frustrating. If I exchange the phone, I will get a refurbished one. NOT willing to take the chance of all kinds of other things being wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Wow, using memo to visualize this issue was really clever.

It shows exactly what I suspected was going on. Now to try and figure out if this is hardware or software caused. The fact that it doesn't happen all the time gives me hope that its software and can be resolved with a patch. Although with my 14-day window closing soon, I'm not sure i have the luxury of waiting to find out.

I am not experiencing this at all. The only thing I am.experiencing is when scrolling it scrolls much slower than my Lumia 920.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2

bananaman182

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi all

Are there any updates on this issue? Is it software or hardware?
I just ordered the international version (D802), and I just found this thread along with a bunch of Korean videos on youtube demonstrating the same problem... Wouldn't have ordered it If I knew!

Also, I planned on rooting and installing Cyanogenmod onto my G2 - if it's a software issue, would changing ROMs solve it?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Hi all

Are there any updates on this issue? Is it software or hardware?
I just ordered the international version (D802), and I just found this thread along with a bunch of Korean videos on youtube demonstrating the same problem... Wouldn't have ordered it If I knew!

Also, I planned on rooting and installing Cyanogenmod onto my G2 - if it's a software issue, would changing ROMs solve it?

What he said.. I am also curious if you guys are still having the same problem, or if it went away, or if you all returned/replaced with a new one?

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Mines still there but it does it so rarely it doesn't bother me much and when it does occur, I just turn the screen off and then turn it back on agian and it's good as new. Interestingly enough, I turned off knock on yesterday because I was getting REALLY annoyed with it thinking my swipes are double touches and it turning the screen back off, but since I turned off knock-on, I haven't noticed the screen seizures.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Congratulations
You all succeeded in making me change my mind about getting a G2.

Good job LG, too... Messing up a great device. I really wonder if Nexus owners are having any issues, my guess is that they are too proud to admit.....

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Congratulations
You all succeeded in making me change my mind about getting a G2.

Good job LG, too... Messing up a great device. I really wonder if Nexus owners are having any issues, my guess is that they are too proud to admit.....

Don't let a small few change your mind! Many others love our G2 and don't have the problem.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Don't let a small few change your mind! Many others love our G2 and don't have the problem.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I really loved that phone, that HD demo video blew my mind, buy knowing how "lucky" I am, I will probably end up with a bad one.
I thought I could just get it from costco to make it easier to exchange but I heard they don't keep too many in stock in stores.

Actually I also kinda want to wait and see if Z30 makes it to AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non