LG G2: Touch Screen Issues?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: G2 Touch Screen Issues?

My liquidy-sliq G2 has been rooted since the day I got it and no troubles or anomalies whatsoever. Please don't jinx it. Thanks!

:)

G Pad 8.3

What are you running? Or are you just stock rooted with unbloat?
Is G2 easy to unroot and switch the root flag back off if we need to get it serviced under warranty?

I encourage everyone with this issue post on G+!!

Agreed!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

What are you running? Or are you just stock rooted with unbloat?
Is G2 easy to unroot and switch the root flag back off if we need to get it serviced under warranty?
I'm just running the stock ROM so far, but eyeing SlimRom. Should I ever want to return its virginity it's relatively easy.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm just running the stock ROM so far, but eyeing SlimRom. Should I ever want to return its virginity it's relatively easy.

So, after rooting it did you remove ot freeze anything?
Maybe whatever you did stopped the screen from messing up ?

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk

ulrich6

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

I posted on this a while back and would just like to report that I did have all the wonky screen issues that have been discussed. I finally broke down and got a replacement sent out. I've had it for a week now and the issue is completely gone. Same case, same apps, just different device.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I posted on this a while back and would just like to report that I did have all the wonky screen issues that have been discussed. I finally broke down and got a replacement sent out. I've had it for a week now and the issue is completely gone. Same case, same apps, just different device.

Who is your carrier?

OptimuS G Pro

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I have issue only with txting swipe, and facebook scrolling, but i go to home screen then to notebook and try to draw and it draws straight lines perfect, does this 5 to 10 Times a day, only had phone for about 8 or 9 days. SHOULD I GET A NEW G2, now would be the time, verizon is my service

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

ulrich6: I posted on this a while back and would just like to report that I did have all the wonky screen issues that have been discussed. I finally broke down and got a replacement sent out. I've had it for a week now and the issue is completely gone. Same case, same apps, just different device.​

I replaced mine too. Instead of having issues as of day 1, it took about 4 days.

I hope you stay 100% problem-free.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I have issue only with txting swipe, and facebook scrolling, but i go to home screen then to notebook and try to draw and it draws straight lines perfect, does this 5 to 10 Times a day, only had phone for about 8 or 9 days. SHOULD I GET A NEW G2, now would be the time, verizon is my service

Drawing the lines in QuickMemo is just a visual confirmation of what you already know. BTW, for me it only drew the spiky lines when I was in transparent mode. For some, they never see the jagged lines in QuickMemo. As I said, it doesn't much matter though.

Trying a replacement is a personal choice. Some owners just live with it from the get-go. Others, like me, go for a replacement. Mine took about 4 days to surface the same issues. If you do some research, you'll find a number of people that have gone for 3 or 4 replacements - all of which demonstrate the issue.

You can certainly give it a go. Most people see the same issue surface again. I am learning to just live with it as the phone is just so amazing in every other way.

IMO, it has more to do with usage patterns, and that given those specific patterns, the issue will probably surface on any G2. Just my 2 cents.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

This is my first smart phone and i love it, i think ill hold on to this one as it only does it on txt and is rare on facebook, wait for a fix from LG

IMO - smart move.

Just turn the screen off/on and it'll behave - for a while - maybe for days. It's hard to tell.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I have this thread going on at XDA that addresses this issue as well. That thread and this one here on AC seem to be the leading resources on this issue.

I updated the OP on that XDA forum to be more informative, and to provide visitors with an overview of this G2 issue without having to read the whole damn thread. Feel free visit over there when you get the chance.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I deleted a lot of app shortcuts, disabled some 3 finger swipe, put a factory background on homescreen, disable the vibrate touch thing and its rare for the problem now, it was very often, i notived it did it a lot when my available ram dipped into 400 left. But who knows of this is related, i know I'm happy with this phone though

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I am waiting for the next occurrence of this issue so that I can check available RAM. A transient lack of sufficient RAM could be the cause of this.

iolaus

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

So, after getting this issue pretty consistently for about a week I did a factory reset and afterwards I did not install Nova Launcher. So far I haven't had any issues for over a week. My current guess is that this issue has something to do with memory usage or gesture monitoring. Perhaps apps/launchers that use a lot of memory or monitor for certain gestures are somehow conflicting with the LG touch driver / software.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I have Nova on my G2 and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I'm rooted though...that by itself shouldn't make any difference, I'd think.

G Pad 8.3

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I have Nova on my G2 and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I'm rooted though...that by itself shouldn't make any difference, I'd think.

I have Nova and Next Launcher on my G2 and I also don't have any issues with either Launcher (not rooted).

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Which one is your favorite? I assume you stick to one most of the time?

Most people will tell you Nova, but I use Next Launcher all of the time. Next has a whole bunch of "gimmicks" that I do not use, but I really like the ability to place any app (or widget) anywhere I want on the home screen, and also resize it to whatever size I want. I also like the Next Music app/widget and the Next Calendar widget. (And Next has some great "transitions" effects and gesture support.)
(However, Nova is a much better value!)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress