Quick window case scratching screens?

lakerkev

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I just returned my quick window case to verizon because it was causing micro scratches where the metal ring on the interior of the case was contacting the screen. I loved the case mainly for the ease of waking up the device. Just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this.

Posted via Android Central App

Cris Movistar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Yes you are right mine has been scratched quite bad by the frame of the window case. Spoke to LG UK they are investigating it. Make sure you log it with LG USA you should hopefully get a new phone from them. Im just waiting to hear an outcome but very poor design in terms of the case but love the G2 its amazing.
Let me know how you get on

Chris

androiiid

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
i kept the screen protector/ film on the screen that came with it in the box(it was really clear) and the quick window
case scratched that up pretty bad so I'm assuming it would have to the screen too

jmillertime86

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for 3 weeks,
scratches have started appearing around the bezel where the quick case is in contact with the scree,
i have also contacted LG uk who say that they haven't heard of this problem before!

Cris Movistar did you have any response from them?

best regards

captibrahim

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
yes it is definitely scratching screen.i used my case almost a mont.after that i saw rectengular scratches on the screen.i send my phone to lg official service and i want them to change my device.unfortunately they refuse to change device because its passed almost two months since i bought the phone.So they have changed the touch screen.And they done nothing about the case.i bought that case to protect my device not to scratch.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Quickview case on my AT&T G2 for a month or more and my screen is as shiny and scratch free as the day the phone came out of the box...no screen protector either.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
It would be interesting to see if how one carries 's the phone has anything to do with this. Like if someone crams it tight into their pants this may cause the case to press harder on the screen, thus causing scratches, verses someone who never puts the phone in their pants pocket buy carries it in a purse or brief case.

Deapenidra

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I do put my phone in my jeans pocket... err.. slimfit jeans, that is.. lol. It seems to help if you always keep the screen clean from lint and dust so it won't accumulate around the QW opening and causes scratches...

Movistar74

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes mine has done exactly the same!! Sent the case to LG and the ars.....s said there is no fault with the case!! Really angers me as I paid a lot of money for the phone (which is brilliant) and after 4 weeks its all scratched on the screen in the the shape of the window. This may just be the tipping point for me this time how I have been treated by LG UK. I don't think the Main Korean Head Quarters would be happy how the UK side run their operations as they have basically said I am lying!!! I am closely watching this situation as I know more and more people are going to have the same outcome with the Quick Window Case Scratching their phones.

Movistar74

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes I sent the case to them after 2 days they sent it back saying there were no faults with the case. This has made me even more determined to get a new phone from them. I am just waiting to see what happens when the complaints build up to the point where they are going to have to admit to the problem.
Cheers

jmillertime86

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I will be taking mine back to the store once I return to the UK (been working abroad for 2 months) I put a screen protector on once I noticed the scratches appearing and its scratched that up too! I will let yous know the out come.

Posted via Android Central App

kabelace

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
At Wireless Wave yesterday picking up a G2 for myself and one for the wife, had a pile of in store credits the clerk showed me one of these cases and when I told him about this issue he pulled one out of the box looked at it and said Yes he could definatly see this being an issue and was going to follow up with his hire ups.