Issues with my new international LG G2

Maged Samuel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I upgraded my smart phone from Samsung Ace Plus (android 2.x) to LG G2 (Android 4.2.2 JellyBean) and I'm pretty much satisfied with the new powerful hardware leap I got with LG (compared to the slow Ace Plus). I installed all apps I need from scratch and because I've setup my old Samsung phone to save contacts on google account (rather than phone memory), all I did was that I entered my Google credentials on the G2 phone, synced and got all my contacts on phone as well.

I just have a few minor issues that I need to understand:

1) On my old Samsung, I setup my phone to have it save any new contact, by default, to my Google account (NOT on the phone memory) so that I have a safe location to pull off my contacts from in case of any disaster but I'm unable to find a similar option on LG because whenever I save a new contact, I have to change manually the location from "phone" to my "google" account and when this happens, I'm presented with this warning message:

! Save
Some contact information may be lost.
Yes/No

Pressing yes just continues normally but I don't know why I get this message and why in the world I can't save any contact on google by default the same way I used to have on old phone?

2) I noticed no badge notification on Facebook for missed stuff. I used to have that on old phone and I don't know why I don't have this anymore.

3) In About phone-->Status, it says unknown phone number. Why?

Many Thanks in advance

Last edited:

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Can't comment on #2 and #3 because I use a launcher + hangouts.

As for #1, though, you should be able to go into the settings of the phone book and change the default save location to your google account.

I wish I could tell you the exact steps, but I removed the stock LG software and threw a custom Kit Kat ROM on so I don't have their dialer installed anymore. I do remember, though, having the same exact issue and there was an option to change the default contact location.

Maged Samuel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I choose the option "Google contact (xxx@gmail.com) to save a new contact, I get this message:

2014-02-24-21-26-39.jpg

& I have to press yes of course to allow the save to gmail.

I've been experiencing this since day 1 of having the phone (Stock LG ROM - JellyBean 4.2.2)

Could someone please help rectify this issue and also tell me how to make this option the default? Every time I save a contact, I'm presented, by default, to saving it to phone memory which forces me to change the option every time after which I'm presented with that warning message shown in pic above.

Thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa