LG G2 Scratches Quite Easily

trojanman10101

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Quick question, I have the tmobile LG g2 and I do not use a case but I was wondering has anyone noticed scratches on the side of the phone? My scratches are all on the plastic material that is a buffer between the screen and plastic back, right above the metal rim. They are all nicks going horizontally and some are pretty bad. It doesn't bother me as I am aware of the consequences of going case-less but I am just curious if others have this problem, my device is no more than 2 months old and it has been well taken care of.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the plastics are made to really with stand that much abuse. I much prefer my phones with no case but I do trade around a lot. Which is why I force myself to use one.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

trojanman10101

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree but the funny part is the back of the phone is scratch less and looks great. That is the only reason why I remain case less. I just don't understand why the sides get so beat up.

Posted via Android Central App

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I carry two phones, one in each pocket, sometimes both in one pocket! Both phone have the thin flip cases. My LG has the Smart Window. Keys in the left pocket, money, change, post-it notes, and a mini box cutter on a chain in the other pocket. I have not notice any major scratching going on, and both phones have exposed edges. The LG only at the top and bottom. I have a nick on the LG from dripping, but otherwise no flaws.

urbhusker

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone with the quickview case noticing any scratching from said case? Many reviews said that it scratches the phone.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with the quickview case noticing any scratching from said case? Many reviews said that it scratches the phone.

Have had my QV case since day 1 and not a single scratch. Do I have to clean the screen now and then due to dust in the window area, sure, but I keep a microfiber cloth in my desk at work, and one at home, so I'm good to go with zero issues.

No idea what people are doing to cause scratches.

p.s. Feel free to turn off your sig advertisement. :)