LG G2 Battery charging

RiderHD

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys i know this question was proabably asked a lot of times but i'm starting a new thread since i think my question is a little bit specific,well two days ago i bought a LG G2 International 16GB version,but i think i done a mistake when i got the phone and started it i think the battery was fullly charge(judging by the battery icon) and i was wondering do i need to charge it for 12 or 24h but then on internet i read that i should fully discharge it and then charge it to a 100% repeat that about 10 times and it would be good,and then i read on this forum and other websites that is a bad thing to do and unfortunaly i fully discharge it till the phone shutdown,now my question is did in some way i damaged my battery and how bad you think it could shorten her life span? asking also because it's maybe because phone is new or something but my battery drain in one day when almost not doing nothing on phone and i'm reading that some of you guys get 2-3 days of battery,also Android version is 4.2.2.
Thank you on your answer i'm thankful for any kind of help.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
With older battery technology fully discharging was required but the batteries we have now will have their life shorten from being fully discharged. So, never let your battery fully discharge and charge your battery whenever you need too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

RiderHD

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I only done it once no more,i'm just curious did i damage it that one time and how bad,this phone is awesome but i hope i didn't ruin the great phone by my mistake.

Last edited:

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I think you will be fine, as a rule the newer batteries don't like to be fully discharged and if done continuously it could shorten its life but doing it a few time shouldn't harm it.

I only done it once no more,i'm just curious did i damage it that one time and how bad,this phone is awesome but i hope i didn't ruin the great phone by my mistake.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87