Why are notifications popping up on my home screen?

gakbdroid

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Notification pop-ups on my home screen

Help!! This is driving me crazy! I keep getting these notifications on my home screen for texts, email, games (as in it's my turn to play WWF)...it seems like everything. By wiping to the right I can get rid of them but they will pop-up again until I open the app. The problem very annoying when I have a phone call and I can't even answer it until I've swiped all the notifications. I even went to the Verizon store for help but they were just as puzzled as I am. I've checked my notification settings on my phone and on individual apps but can't find a solution. I thought it might be Google Now or Commandr for Google so I uninstalled each one of these and it made no difference. I've asked other forums for help but no one has an answer for me. This has been going on probably since mid August. I also tried to find any app that I might have installed at that time but with updates it's almost impossible to narrow it down. I have a screenshot but I don't see any place to add one. If I figure it out, I will add one.
I figured it out. I sent myself a text message for this screenshot but it could be anything from emails or games etc. If there are more notifications then I can scroll through the list and swipe them off or by touching the screen it will open the app. Help!!
Screenshot_2014-10-05-14-32-58.jpg

Last edited:

gakbdroid

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Notification pop-ups on my home screen

I found the offending app… FLOATIFY!!! I don't know how anyone can stand it! It drove me crazy! I went back into the settings thinking I might use it for something but NOPE I can't think of any advantage! UNINSTALLED!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member