LG G2 updated to lolipop this am. Google Play store/YouTube now works sporadically. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

LG G2 updated to lolipop this am. Google Play store/YouTube now works sporadically.

After initial update Play store refused to launch. Restarted several times and Play store launched and I was able to download an app. Now it won't launch even with reboots. YouTube app will not launch (well it did once after numerous reboots but kept getting an unexplained error). Now it will not launch (or takes 3-4 min to do so) from the icon on a consistent basis and when it does I get an small notice on screen that "An Error Has Occurred" with no other explanation. Once it does launch regardless of the error, vids play fine.... YouTube launches fine when vid is embedded in a Facebook or Twitter post. My Gmail will no longer sync automatically (no settings have changed), I now have to check for new emails. Text messages were not coming in until I sent on and got a reply. Now that seems to be working again. Wife and I have the same phone and I advised her not to update. Maybe eventually everything will work again. If not will be looking to uninstall 5.0.2.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G2 updated to lolipop this am. Google Play store/YouTube now works sporadically.

Welcome to Android Central! Ugh. You may just have to do a factory reset, which often corrects various issues after a system update. I'd suggest a cache partition wipe, which can often achieve the same thing without losing personal data, but unfortunately the G2 doesn't have that option.